You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I am thinking about seeing Ted, but I will probably wait until it comes to cable.  I'm cheap and it doesn't look THAT interesting to me.  I have to drive about 45 minutes from home to get to a movie theater anyway, so we don't go often.

I just got back from seeing it again. I'm off today and it was only $5 in the day time.

My thing with it is this, if you like Seth MacFarlane, you'll love the movie. If you kinda like Family Guy or don't like Seth at all, you'll be upset I said to see it.

I love family guy...the wife?  Not so much.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I am thinking about seeing Ted, but I will probably wait until it comes to cable.  I'm cheap and it doesn't look THAT interesting to me.  I have to drive about 45 minutes from home to get to a movie theater anyway, so we don't go often.

I just got back from seeing it again. I'm off today and it was only $5 in the day time.

My thing with it is this, if you like Seth MacFarlane, you'll love the movie. If you kinda like Family Guy or don't like Seth at all, you'll be upset I said to see it.

I thought it was going to be stupid. Just a teddy bear making fart jokes for an hour and a half, but I was pleasantly surprised. It has a surprising amount of depth.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's pretty much what I thought as well! I won't spoil the amazing cameos and other tidbits in the film! cool

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The Next Three Days.

Wow, such a good movie. I have no idea why they felt the need to

Hidden Text:

cheese up the ending with injecting the "super cop"

but I know they needed to add tension, but c'mon. It didn't even match the great tone of the first half of the movie. But it ended up being a very good movie.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Just watched The Big Lebowski for the 1st time, wasn't impressed.... Didn't live up to the legendary comedy status it has attained, in my opinion.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Just watched The Big Lebowski for the 1st time, wasn't impressed.... Didn't live up to the legendary comedy status it has attained, in my opinion.

I also just watched it this year, didn't see what all the fuss is about either, meh.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Same story in our house.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

Saw Ted. Again.

We've seen The Dark Knight Rises. I know there's a separate thread for this, but I loved it. We did the trilogy showing, and while that was great, it's going to be a very special series that ever makes me sit in a packed theatre for that length of time again, lol.

I want to see Savages, and maybe will do so on Sunday morning or some other time when Russ has something else to do, haha. I'd also like to see The Watch, although I'm the only member of our house who is interested in it. My friend Jacquie wants to see it though so maybe that'll happen.

Oh, as far as movies we have watched, we watched Friends With Kids over the weekend and umm... It was good. The first 90% was fantastic and the ending was weird but it had a lot of major players in it, which helped.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Lewbowski to me is very much like Anchorman or Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Everyone tells you how funny it is, you finally watch it and think "meh" then a second watch down the road, and it gets a TON funnier.

Ill give Lebowski another go sometime if its that kind of movie. I liked the movie but it didn't live up to the hype

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I actually need to see The Watch! It looks fucking hilarious! Plus I need to see Spidey. Then I might see Rises a second time with somebody. You two have a good time at the movies! smile

Board footer