You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What's a 'screener'??

Its a DVD quality disc of a movie thats usually handed out to media types before a theatrical release. Some of them leak on torrents, some don't. I get mine either on torrents, and sometimes people mail them out to me.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Maybe Ratt contributed a remix to The Wrestler? Is Pearcy on vocals?

James

James wrote:

I think I''ll watch this tonight and I'll listen for that track. On the movie Singles, there is a version of Spoonman playing during a scene that has never been released.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Gran Torino--solid film.  I don't think it is as strong as Changeling though.  Like most Clint Eastwood films, it is heavy.  The film discusses several relevant social issues.  Clint plays an ornery old man quite well.  There were a bunch of great one liners from Clint.  The audience was laughing a lot. I'm going to keep this vague and spoiler free since I know some people on this forum want to see this film.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Escape From L.A.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

choke... great. twisted.. but great

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I watched Slumdog Millionaire and The Wrestler last night. Slumdog is pretty good but the end credits were a huge "WTF" moment. I felt it was a dumb decision by Boyle to include that in the film since it did not jive with the tone of the actual movie. The movie itself was very good but not as good as The Wrestler, which I would say is the best movie I've seen this year. Slumdog is not on TDK's level whereas The Wrestler exceeds it IMHO. I still need to see all the other Oscar bait stuff like Doubt, Frost/Nixon, Benjamin Button, et al.

James

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I watched Slumdog Millionaire and The Wrestler last night. Slumdog is pretty good but the end credits were a huge "WTF" moment. I felt it was a dumb decision by Boyle to include that in the film since it did not jive with the tone of the actual movie. The movie itself was very good but not as good as The Wrestler, which I would say is the best movie I've seen this year. Slumdog is not on TDK's level whereas The Wrestler exceeds it IMHO. I still need to see all the other Oscar bait stuff like Doubt, Frost/Nixon, Benjamin Button, et al.

I watched The Wrestler this morning, and I agree its the best film this year although there are still quite a few I haven't watched, including Slumdog Millionaire. I think I'll watch that one tonight.

At this point I think Rourke deserves the Oscar. I realize it would be almost like a 'mercy Oscar', but I think they should do it. Its probably the last time Rourke will be in this position, so go ahead and pull the trigger.

The Wrestler is a film that should have been made 20 years ago. Its about time someone chipped away at the glamorous illusions of the 'sport'.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Bruce Almighty

I've got my sights set on The Wrestler now though, after these reviews...

Board footer