You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

2012     It was okay, didn't blow me away at all.   I got the message loud and clear.   Other then that, all I can say is I hope really don't all die in 2012.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Shutter Island - A bit dissappointing really, it's good but not as good as I was hoping for. The end twist wasn't especially original and was roughly guessable from about a third of the way into the film although enough specifics remain unknown until the end to hold the interest.

Hidden Text:

Would have probably been better imo if they'd double bluffed the ending and had DiCaprios characters suspicions be correct all along but his experiences had driven him to madness which had been the aim of the Islands staff from the start.

I wanna see that, one of my good friends tells me it's great and even better the second time around.   Judging by what you're saying here, I'll be watching it taking that into account.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

saw hurt locker...i thought it was a bit bland ... pretty disappointing tbh i cant beleive that won best picture

Neemo wrote:

saw hurt locker...i thought it was a bit bland ... pretty disappointing tbh i cant beleive that won best picture

I think it was more a political thing probably.    I liked the movie though but I didn't think it'd win an oscar.   I was more impressed that a female directed a movie such as this.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

which is exactly why i dont watch awards shows...its all politics, and not neccesarily who should win

the movie was ok, but not best picture qualitly, compare platoon to that movie, its not even close hmm

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Shutter Island - A bit dissappointing really, it's good but not as good as I was hoping for. The end twist wasn't especially original and was roughly guessable from about a third of the way into the film although enough specifics remain unknown until the end to hold the interest

I heard the same thing.

Neemo wrote:

which is exactly why i dont watch awards shows...its all politics, and not neccesarily who should win

the movie was ok, but not best picture qualitly, compare platoon to that movie, its not even close hmm

True, it's hard to know the exact reasons as to why a movie won.   Is it really for the story, acting, quality, overall performances, etc  or is it something that is lead by what's going on in the world.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I wanna see that, one of my good friends tells me it's great and even better the second time around.   Judging by what you're saying here, I'll be watching it taking that into account.

Don't get me wrong it's pretty good just don't expect to be blown away. Knowing how it ends a second watch might be worthwhile, I'd definitely be looking out for different things.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Shutter Island - A bit dissappointing really, it's good but not as good as I was hoping for. The end twist wasn't especially original and was roughly guessable from about a third of the way into the film although enough specifics remain unknown until the end to hold the interest.

Hidden Text:

Would have probably been better imo if they'd double bluffed the ending and had DiCaprios characters suspicions be correct all along but his experiences had driven him to madness which had been the aim of the Islands staff from the start.

I read the book a long time ago. I felt the same about the book that you just described about the movie. But the trip to the end was great.

Hidden Text:

I think the trailer spoils the twist the most, imo. They should have put more emphasis that Teddy was going to SI to murder his wife's killer like the book did.

Board footer