You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Axlin16 wrote:
evads wrote:
Neemo wrote:

right now they have high plains drifter on demand, i was told its pretty good, was gonna try to check out Fistful of Dollars and A few dollars more as well as outlaw Josey Wales

Have you seen Outlaw Josey Wales yet?  That has to be my favorite western of all time.  Something Eastwood does a few times in that movie is absolutely hilarious, imitating, and downright unforgettable.

Watched Wanted last night - bloody, mindless entertainment.  I've seen worse.

I still love Unforgiven tons. Yes, a bit modern, but I think very highly of it, and Eastwood is amazing in it.

But Outlaw Josey Wales is terrific too. Definitely one of the greats. I also think the fact Josey never really loses the outlaw status, despite winning in the end. I also think it has one of the great endings in all film, where it just kind of ends, with him riding into the sunset, bleeding, near death, and he's still on the run. Just a great movie.

I have to say, it's been a sad sad long time since i've seen the Man With No Name trilogy. I saw the set in Wal-Mart the other day on DVD... i'm gonna grab it next time i'm in there.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I have to say, it's been a sad sad long time since i've seen the Man With No Name trilogy. I saw the set in Wal-Mart the other day on DVD... i'm gonna grab it next time i'm in there.

I've been avoiding buying DVDs because I figure I'm overdue for buying a Blu-Ray player, but DVDs are so cheap to buy now it would be hard to pass up that set if I saw it at a good price.  Love those spaghetti westerns...

Slashfro: I've seen Secret Things - crazy movie.  Brisseau is a perv director, but his movies are often controversial beyond the erotica.  I like his style.  And one of the women in that movie - Blandine Bury - has to be one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen in my life.

Sexy Beast was bizarre too, and you were right about Kingsley.  I need to watch it again.

Anybody seen Salt?  I was thinking about checking it out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Watched Small Time Crooks last night. Film is ten years old and Woody Allen is just completely out of gas at that point. I'm afraid to watch anything more recent.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

saw "For A Few Dollars More" last night...awesome...specially when the Colonel Lights his match on the Hunchback's face 14

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
evads wrote:

Anybody seen Salt?  I was thinking about checking it out.

Saw this last week.  Enjoyable popcorn film.  One of those go inside and shut off the brain movies.  I wish it were a little longer (run time is 100 minutes). 

James Lofton wrote:

Watched Small Time Crooks last night. Film is ten years old and Woody Allen is just completely out of gas at that point. I'm afraid to watch anything more recent.

I've always wanted to watch Small Time Crooks.  Regarding the "recent output":

2001 The Curse of the Jade Scorpion--fun little comedy, kinda underated.  Enjoyed it a lot more on second viewing.  It doesn't hurt that Charlize Theron is smoking hot in that film.  Just don't expect Annie Hall or Bananas.  It's a period comedy.

2002 Hollywood Ending, 2003 Anything Else, 2004 Melinda and Melinda, 2009 Whatever Works--haven't seen any of these, so can't comment.

2005-Match Point--I enjoyed this a lot, even if it is an updated version of 1989 Crimes and Misdeameanors. 

2006 Scoop--Throwaway comedy with Woody Allen and Scarlett Johansson.  Ok film.  Probably best to be skipped.

2007-Cassandra's Dream--similiar to Match Point.  I'd probably recommend this one to you because it doesn't have Scarlett Johansson.

2008--Vicky Cristina Barcelona--enjoyed this one a lot.  Rebecca Hall and Penelope Cruz give good performances.  There is a voiceover narration that could be a little annoying.  Probably the closest to his classic relationship films.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Saw Match Point a few days ago. Very solid film. Allen definitely still got it, albeit more sporadically.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Back To The Future Trilogy

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

dinner for smucks, was ok but only so muce steve carell you can take

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The Other Guys  Excellent

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Hurt Locker.  Great movie. Maybe not Oscar worthy, but what was last year?!   As good as Blacck Hawk Down or Platoon in my book. I guess I wish it had more characters though, it only focused on 3.  Made it different though in those regards.

Saw Hot Tub TIme Machine.  It had it's moments. I thought it could have been better but not bad. Worth putting on a Netflix queue.

On a side note I joined Netflix.  Love it, only got 2 movies so far but its def worthy.

Board footer