You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

slashsfro wrote:

Watched Dario Argento's Inferno on Bluray.  It was a good film although I didn't love it.  Score by Keith Emerson (of Emerson, Lake and Palmer) was great.

AtariLegend wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Watched Dario Argento's Inferno on Bluray.  It was a good film although I didn't love it.  Score by Keith Emerson (of Emerson, Lake and Palmer) was great.

I haven't seen in years, but I remember the final part of the film was pretty great.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Saw Crazy Heart for the first time

Good movie, Jeff Bridges is great as always, and Robert Duvall is pretty good in his limited role, but for as good as the film was... I couldn't help but to think it was "The Wrestler" in a cowboy hat.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Saw a couple movies this weekend.  "Grown Ups" was terrible.  Seemed like it had potential and had a good cast, but it didn't come close to delivering for me.  I used to like Adam Sandler flicks, but he's had more misses than hits lately.  Though I did like "Funny People" from a few years back.

Also saw "Get Him to the Greek".  Thought it was really good.  Russell Brand can be annoying in interviews, award shows, etc.  But from the 2 movies I've seen him in, playing the Aldous Snow character, he's been real good.  Jonah Hill was funny too, and believe it or not P-Diddy was solid in his role.

I couldn't help but think of Axl (and really ANY rock star) at parts in the movie.  From the handlers bending over backwards to get things done for the talent.  Never telling them anything negative, trouble meeting deadlines, etc.  It seemed to be pretty close to the real life of a rock star.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Thor: Typical Marvel movie but one of the better ones, pretty fun movie. It's clearly building the hype for the upcoming avengers movie.

Kill the Irishman: Now I wasn't expecting much from this but was pleasantly surprised. One of the best gangsters flicks in the last few years (I know that's not saying much as good gangster movies have been scare lately) but definitely worth a watch. It has an almost documentary type feel to it at times that seems to suit it. The movie does get repetitive   
at times.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Re-watched Friday The 13th 2009. Can't believe it's been two years already.

I'd probably throw a half a star on it. Bump it up a tad in quality, but it's still mediocre and loaded with "plot holes you could drive a truck through" (Lofton).

Better than Jason Goes To Hell & Jason X. But I still don't see where it's so great that it's any higher than Parts VII & VII and Freddy vs. Jason.

Still doesn't touch the glory of the first four Friday's.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Fast Five

Pretty good. I didn't see Parts 3 & 4, but I noticed that the film had a much darker and more adult-serious tone, like a standard summer action film. I hadn't seen any of the films since 2 Fast 2 Furious years ago, and the first couple of films in the series were kind of hokey and obviously targeted at the college-age street racing crowd.

Obviously with the now, middle-age, of the original cast they've become more adult and the tone is a bit more serious, with comedic moments.

Believe it or not the movie is actually about a bank heist, and not the street racing from previous films.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Finally watched another Miike film.  This one is Ichi the Killer (2001).  Very violent.  I would describe it as a twisted super hero film.  I kinda liked some of the quieter moments in the film.  Anyway, the blood flows a lot in this film.  I don't think it is something I want to watch again but it did keep me entertained.  IIRC, I think Lofton said it was one of the weirdest films he had ever seen.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

watched the Family Guy Starwars Trilogy ... dunno if counts as a movie or not

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought New Hope parody was really good. I thought the Empire parody was okay. And the Jedi one was terrible.

Board footer