You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Chinese Democracy With Patti Hood....?

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I don't think names were ever attached to Prostitute, but it does have violins, harps, cellos, and shit.

How many fucking people are gonna be on this album?

Yeah, makes you wonder if it is a solo album, a band album or what. You have 7 players in your band, and various line-up changes. You sign a lot of producers, composers, guest musicians...hey, is there something like creativity of your own? Axl will have this album with full of other people's ideas. It's the sign of the lack of own ideas.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I don't think names were ever attached to Prostitute, but it does have violins, harps, cellos, and shit.

Yeah, makes you wonder if it is a solo album, a band album or what. You have 7 players in your band, and various line-up changes. You sign a lot of producers, composers, guest musicians...hey, is there something like creativity of your own? Axl will have this album with full of other people's ideas. It's the sign of the lack of own ideas.

Yeah, its definitely a mess. Its one of the reasons I always consider the possibility that this album never gets released. Just too many hands in the cookie jar. Too many musicians, composers, producers, and possibly even outside writers like Desmond Child and maybe even Lionel Richie if that old rumor was true.

When this whole thing was "Axl's baby"(96-99), nothing got done. As more and more people were brought in, the project starts to come together. At what point do they lose sight of the original vision? When an artist comes up with a project, it normally doesn't take this long and have so many outsiders involved.

The CD concept was first mentioned publicly in 1999. In 2007, is it still intact? When does it go from the artist's original vision to something that has no basis in its original intent and basically becomes someone else's vision(s), just not in name?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

It would definately be cool to hear some harp on a rock record though 9 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

"a lack of own ideas?"
because he has multiple guitar players and a harp player, plus whoever we want to speculate?

i disagree

these are examples of ideas. he wants a grand album full of different influences. if anything, it means he is more creative because he has the vision of his music if someone were to do this or add this to it and the means to orchestrate these additions.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

"a lack of of own ideas?"
because he has multiple guitar players and a harp player, plus whoever we want to speculate?

i am sorry but you are dead wrong.

these are examples of ideas. he wants a grand album full of different influences. if anything, it means he is more creative because he has the vision of his music if someone were to do this or add this to it and the means to orchestrate these additions.

I'm sorry to tell you but Axl doesn't have a vision. Even Tommy Stinson said that. Various past and present members said that Axl only wanted them to jam, while he was sitting in the room. Then sometimes screamed: 'there is a riff!' etc. They just played and payed without any focus. One of the reasons why Finck left the band.
I remember an interview with Beltrami or Buckmester where the composer said that Axl invited him to work on some songs, but when he went to the studio Axl wasn't there. Later he arrived with some 'Hawaii luggage', like someone who just popped in from a holiday. He asked what he wanted him to do, and Axl answered: 'do what you want'. Well, he really has a vision. roll

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

"a lack of of own ideas?"

i am sorry but you are dead wrong.

I'm sorry to tell you but Axl doesn't have a vision. Even Tommy Stinson said that. Various past and present members said that Axl only wanted them to jam, while he was sitting in the room. Then sometimes screamed: 'there is a riff!' etc. They just played and payed without any focus. One of the reasons why Finck left the band.
I remember an interview with Beltrami or Buckmester where the composer said that Axl invited him to work on some songs, but when he went to the studio Axl wasn't there. Later he arrived with some 'Hawaii luggage', like someone who just popped in from a holiday. He asked what he wanted him to do, and Axl answered: 'do what you want'. Well, he really has a vision. roll

i am sorry but i hope you are not a musician, yourself.

the luggage thing doesn't mean he lacks vision it means he is eccentric

and what do you think he was doing while they were jamming? he was getting ideas from them playing their instruments. axl doesn't need to play the instruments to be involved creatively. conductors are the most talented and experienced musicians on the stage.

and just because tommy stinson supposedly said so doesn't mean axl has no vision cause tommy is still in the band and never would have said that literally.

and fink......he left a more active trent reznor as a hired musician to play for a more inactive axl rose as a hired musician, went back, and then came back to axl. now you can't say he left axl because he has no vision because he never would've come back if that was the case.

axl has supplied the vision for gnr since the beginning and that is documented and much more than your theories.

oh and gnr, not too bad of a band eh? lots of albums
but axl must not have any vision or creativity though huh

Axl's vision is just that, trying out different musicians with all different kinds of styles.  I wouldn't say that about the band itself, replacements are replacements for people that left and moved on, with an album taking so long,  at this time is to be expected and he wants the new people in the band to be on the record in some fashion.   With that said, I think his vision is having a harp player or bringing in Brian May or a composer to add to what he and his band already created is his vision.  He was doing this sort of thing with the UYI's and TSI lots of guests on those albums and also playing with Orchestra sounds.

If that makes any sense hmm

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Patti Hood recorded parts for This I Love.

A CD.com member mailed her and asked about it; she was gracious enough to respond.

Hi Darian!

How did you find out about me? I'm wondering how you knew about my playing with Axl.  Please let me know.

To answer your questions, I did a tour with The Church last year (we played at The Belly Up), I toured with a band called Lusk (we played at The Casbah). The lead singer in Lusk is Axl's keyboard player. Right now I'm working with a band called Stiky Side Up featuring Brad Hunt.

I actually didn't meet Axl until well after I did the session. I'm on a song called "This I Love".  It is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.

Unfortunately, I have no idea when the album will be released.

Thank you so much for your interest in my work.

Take care and Happy Holidays,

Patti - HTGTH

Unfortunately, this doesn't help in pinpointing when Ms Hood worked on TIL. It could've been in 2000 (or even before that), which is when the last proof of life on that song was given.

AtariLegend wrote:
sic. wrote:

How did you find out about me? I'm wondering how you knew about my playing with Axl.  Please let me know.

Her biography...?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
sic. wrote:

Her biography...?

She apparently doesn't realize that all Guns N' Roses fans have been reduced to "internet stalking" people to get any news regarding their favorite band.

Board footer