You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: I'm looking to buy a book

PaSnow wrote:

Not a musical but "Under & Alone" is worth reading. It's a true story about an ATF agent who goes undercover for 2 years into a Cali biker gang (Warlocks?) to bust them for guns & drugs. Really badass as he almost gets his cover blown a couple times & a few members think he's a cop all along.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

for the nrivana books i was thinking of the book come as you are though is was written before kurt died...either that or "heavier than heaven" or "love and death"....

i used to be a huge nirvana fan back in the day so once in a while the whole 'murder or suicide?' thing pops into my head

anyone read any of those nirvana books? and thats a conspiracy theory of giant proportions haha

Yeah saikin i've heard good things of heroin diaries as well...i may just get that..has anyone here read it?

i also gotta get me that beedle the bard book thats an accompanyment to harry potter...its still not out but i can preorder that one smile

my wife accidentally wrecked a freinds book and we need to replace it...its gonna cost me about $18 but if i pay $39 there is no shipping fees...so i gotta get it to 39 or there abouts

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

I was thinking of picking up the Heroin Diaries too.  I was also looking at Scar Tissue and thinking of getting that one too.

I wouldn't get the Reckless Road book Neemo if you are just wanting something to read.  Don't get me wrong it's an awesome book to have with great pics etc.  But there will be nothing new in it for you.

As far as some older musical biography books - I assume you have read The Dirt.  Obviously a classic read.

Life on Planet Rock by Lonn Friend was an ok light read.  I posted about that one in another thread.

Another oldie was "Justice for All" the truth about Metallica.  I thought that was a very good read.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

If you haven't read The Dirt you should probably read that.

Imagine the Slash book, but with four fuck-ups instead of just one.

My favorite all time book is The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.  It's about vietnam.  The book is fiction, but he was there, and you can tell there are definite semi-autobiographical parts, which he even breaks to mention in the middle of the book.  Just mentioning it makes me want to read it again.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

damn jorge that book does sound good...also got me thinking about Stephen Ambrose's Band of Brothers...the book which the Hanks/Speilberg show was based upon

so now instead of music bios...i'm thinking of war bios 16

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

damn jorge that book does sound good...also got me thinking about Stephen Ambrose's Band of Brothers...the book which the Hanks/Speilberg show was based upon

so now instead of music bios...i'm thinking of war bios 16

Yeah, if you're looking for any kind of feel good read, that ain't it.  I lent it to a former co-worker, and she told a friend of hers who had been to Nam about it, he started to read it, but it ended up giving him nightmares because of how accurate to his own life some of it was.

It was years ago, I don't remember if he finished it or not, but still, there's a good indication of how heavy the book gets at times.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

so i decided not to buy a book after all...for $10 more i got the starwars prequel trilogy which i didnt have on DVD yet ... cant beat 6 disks for $30

bessides ihave like a dozen books piled up that i still need to read so i figured i should read the other ones before i buy more

thanks for the advice though when i do catch up i'll be checking a couple of these out big_smile

Board footer