You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Saw that promo to0--last I saw, Better was getting quite a few increased spins early this week (listed as top increased spins on one chart for last week), and CD still had a bunch of spins.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c … 0&g=Albums

Album is currently at #29 in the US after three weeks of charting.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

madagas wrote:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/c … 0&g=Albums

Album is currently at #29 in the US after three weeks of charting.

Very interesting, though, it virtually held steady around 50K units scanned, which is about what it did last week.  The glutton of albums released for Holliday shopping is what drove the chart position down.  Real interested to see where it holds for the next few weeks:  I would guess, around 25-40K.  Not that it matters--we have the album, it rocks, and if the masses like it fine, if they don't, that's fine as well.:peace:

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_ … 1595d2773a

Chidem number 10 on the top 100 Euro chart....

"Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" (Black Frog/Geffen/Universal) also suffers a sharp decline, falling 2-10 in its fourth week on Top 100 Albums. It's down 1-7 in Poland and 11-20 in the United Kingdom, but debuts at No. 3 in Greece."

Neemo, why don't you change this thread title to the Chinese Democracy Chart position thread? Just a suggestion.:peace:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wow, I thought the album would have nose dived by now by the lack of real promotion. If it can maintain the 50,000 sales, I wouldn't be shocked if a new single, promo could shoot it up to the top 10.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I think promo and a video is what is really needed.  It's sold somewhere around 375 thousand or so right now so it wouldn't take that large of a push to have it to gold by January.  A video (better yet two or three) and some decent promo and I think it could be in decent shape.  Going the Best Buy route kills most of the "impulse" and "casual listeners" sales so the most sensible way to make this album sale good is to use PROMO!  Promo will intrigue people who like what they hear to order online.  A video for Better must happen and I think a follow-up video of Street of Dreams would be the key.   

I've said since the first week of lackluster sales that this album has the potential of being one of those albums that stays on the top 100 a good long ride.  That would get it to some decent sales regardless of highest chart position.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

1x platinum seems like a lifetime away. . . keep hope alive though.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I think promo and a video is what is really needed.  It's sold somewhere around 375 thousand or so right now so it wouldn't take that large of a push to have it to gold by January.  A video (better yet two or three) and some decent promo and I think it could be in decent shape.  Going the Best Buy route kills most of the "impulse" and "casual listeners" sales so the most sensible way to make this album sale good is to use PROMO!  Promo will intrigue people who like what they hear to order online.  A video for Better must happen and I think a follow-up video of Street of Dreams would be the key.   

I've said since the first week of lackluster sales that this album has the potential of being one of those albums that stays on the top 100 a good long ride.  That would get it to some decent sales regardless of highest chart position.

I will admit I am wrong if it turns out that i am but I have been saying for weeks that this album will slowly grow into a significant success if they play their cards right over the next few months and i stand by that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
killingvector wrote:

1x platinum seems like a lifetime away. . . keep hope alive though.

CD will go platinum in the U.S. the day the Chicago Cubs win the World Series.

Keep dreamin' lol

Sky Dog wrote:

365,000 - 1,000,000 = 635,000

Better needs to do well.....

Board footer