You are not logged in. Please register or login.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

axlcrazy wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I think promo and a video is what is really needed.  It's sold somewhere around 375 thousand or so right now so it wouldn't take that large of a push to have it to gold by January.  A video (better yet two or three) and some decent promo and I think it could be in decent shape.  Going the Best Buy route kills most of the "impulse" and "casual listeners" sales so the most sensible way to make this album sale good is to use PROMO!  Promo will intrigue people who like what they hear to order online.  A video for Better must happen and I think a follow-up video of Street of Dreams would be the key.   

I've said since the first week of lackluster sales that this album has the potential of being one of those albums that stays on the top 100 a good long ride.  That would get it to some decent sales regardless of highest chart position.

2 questions:

What indicates that GNR is gonna suddenly start doing more promo for this album?

Who watches videos anymore & how is that gonna have much effect on sales? (ok, maybe that was 3 questions):P

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

#15 on the global album chart for this week.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ShoGunslinger
 Rep: 1 

Too bad that in this world of instantaneous gratification if something we love doesn't do well right away we just write it off as not worthy of our time. The die hard fans have not been rewarded with the promotional effort that should have been put toward CD....however, I keep posting, have faith that this album is a slow burner and will take off eventually. Other than that, who cares about the charts(other than the suits)! When GnR release their next album...whenever that may be, I know they'll be making at least one sale of it...to me!

~You'll never be forgiven for the resentful things you say~

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think the people that love it are writing it off, it's the other however many millions of people on the planet that are.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I think Billboard needs a new chart position for CD: face down.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
axlcrazy wrote:

What indicates that GNR is gonna suddenly start doing more promo for this album?

Who watches videos anymore & how is that gonna have much effect on sales? (ok, maybe that was 3 questions):P

1. Axl's word.
2. The people who warrant countdowns on VH1 and MTV I would assume.  The fact that Billboard has a chart for videos might signify there is an audience as well.
3. Not all that much by itself but coupled with promo it could go a long way.  How do you think Britney, Jonas Brothers, etc sales records?  It's certainly not their massive talent.  Now I'm not saying this will make the album HUGE all of the sudden I just think it will spark interest enough to "maintain" the cds longivity on the top 100.  That is the key to success...not taking a HUGE nosedive but rather hovering around the 50k mark for a little longer then tapering off slowly with small rises and falls in between.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:

The only thing AXL said was that there would be a Video for Better within a week. I know some people added "Monumental Promotion soon to follow" to his transcript, but if you read his anwers he never said that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
axlcrazy wrote:

The only thing AXL said was that there would be a Video for Better within a week. I know some people added "Monumental Promotion soon to follow" to his transcript, but if you read his anwers he never said that.

he said "a week or so" whatever that means

the last time he talked about "soon" it took him a year and 9 months to deliver 19

Axl (Dec 14, 2006) wrote:

If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

curiously those chat sessions were exactly 2 years after that open letter talking about a "tenative release date"

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Why a video for Better now? its been out for a while now, even tho you wouldnt of thought so by airplay (lack of)...
why a video now.. videos accompany singles, not come along after the fact when they can be bothered..
If it helps Better get more airplay then i`m all for it, as i thought this was the holy grail of C.d and would make or break the album as far as the impatient 3m10s disposable pop single lovin public goes.
I still think a re-release at a better time for the album would do it wonders also.

Board footer