You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Re: LARS ULRICH Holding Up Release of GNR 'Better' Video?

Brett wrote:

No doubt, Axlin. "This just in GNR plays to 7000 screaming fans... meanwhile across town, the Poison show is sold out!"

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Just out of curiosity, do you ever see Axl reuniting with original Gnr for purely monetary reasons?  Let's say at some point in the future he runs low on cash.  Now albums don't make money anymore.  So he's left with the tour option.  Nu Guns is not profitable as a touring act in the US.  Would he just reunite for a cash grab money tour?  Or would that go against his principles.  I think he might be faced with this decision a lot sooner than some of you might think.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
DCK wrote:

If you look at my posts you will see that I have given plenty of criticism where it is due, and those subjects are more than just a few.

However, it's how you do it and from what approach you're going at it from.

Why is it an obvious clusterfuck and disaster? Who decided that? Who set's what benchmark for it to become a disaster? The fans? Axl? Label? I just don't get what you're after. There's some obvious things I've criticised, mainly the promoting and the lack of band apperance. No need to go there again. Axl Rose showing up and doing some extensive fan chats makes up for any interview he might have done in Rolling Stone on my account.

So is it the album sales? Are they so bad it becomes a disaster? To what benchmark would that be? We're speaking of a band with one member left which hasn't released one damn bit of new music since 1991. Do we set the benchmark to Appetite or to what this is? Really. Just stand up and face the music and stop living in a bubble where Axl Rose is the king of the Universe and Chinese Democracy would resurrect everything from Jesus to Martin Luther King Jr. If you've felt let down for the past 10 years you should have seen this coming at least 5 years ago. This thing is run like this, go with it, or leave for the sake of your own mentality. It won't change any time soon.
Chinese Democracy, the music, in my opinion, is a damn good album with an obvious flaw in not having the rock anthem with the riff that sticks. It consists of some pretty sucky songs like SOD, but also some amazing music like This I Love.

If someone here used the "Axl sucks, fuck him, fuck fake GNR" I wouldn't even bother to post here. This board has always had a realistic approach to GNR. But sometimes the negativity just goes overboard. If I was that let down and depressed and annoyed with this whole thing I would have quit. Really. Years ago. Many did. Don't blame them one bit for it either.

It's not my fault you set the standard at the wrong level for this album release. This is Axl Rose we're talking about and his Guns N' Roses. If you expected some form of Metallica release or something you've been so naive you should be lined up against the wall and shot.

otherwise we'd have the same response as the rest of the world, which is "who cares?"

Look at it this way. It sold 1 million copies and the band has been dead in the publics eye for 10 years. There's nothing left of anything but still they did a successfull 2006 tour with sold out arenas and still sold that amount of albums. All things considered, people care. If people didn't care, your band would be called Ratt and you're playing in clubs in Kentucky.

Honestly I don't see what the big deal is. Just because it hasn't sold like 15 million copies doesn't mean anything. The music is solid. That's all tat matters to me. look at some other Great artists.(Santogold, The Almost) They sell less than 500k in their first weeks on albums but still have great albums.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

GNR will never, EVER be on the level of Ratt or those other hair bands. Although having Baz as your opener is a step close. 14

Hopefully if GNR tour, Axl will realize that having a relevant act as an opener will help ticket sales tremendously. It will also push him to go to that next level having to go onstage after someone else just blew the audience away.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Just out of curiosity, do you ever see Axl reuniting with original Gnr for purely monetary reasons?  Let's say at some point in the future he runs low on cash.  Now albums don't make money anymore.  So he's left with the tour option.  Nu Guns is not profitable as a touring act in the US.  Would he just reunite for a cash grab money tour?  Or would that go against his principles.  I think he might be faced with this decision a lot sooner than some of you might think.

I don't think so, not after his rant. He's obviously at the same place mentally right now, that he's always been.

I think he'd live in a $50,000 home back in Lafayette, if it meant standing by his principles.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I liked the fact that Baz was the opener. One less shitty new band I have to hear. That's one reason I never worried too much about missing Crue Fest in the summer. The excruciating pain that came before Motley must have been unbearable.

But, it could be a necessary evil. I mean, Aerosmith took a green GNR on tour, Motley took GNR, GNR took Skid Row and Axl tried to get newer acts back in the day. So, I won't argue with your logic because those always seemed to work.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The difference between you and me Axlin is that while I think Chinese Democracy was given lukewarm reception, you call it a gigantic clusterfuck.

That's your choice.

And don't ever call me Jarmo again.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

In GN'R's defense, they sold out a shitload of shows in Australia on their 2007 tour here. But maybe that had allot to do with the fact they hadn't toured here in 14 years.

I also think the majority of the people that went didn't know Slash was out of the band too, because promo material mentioned nothing of what the lineup was.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
DCK wrote:

And don't ever call me Jarmo again.

Right on.

DCK wrote:

It's as offensive as calling me a fucking retard.

Wrong.

Both of you: No need to bring Jarmo into this conversation, let alone throw a personal remark his way. This isn't the kind of place the condones such talk about other boards and their respective admins.

Board footer