You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: LARS ULRICH Holding Up Release of GNR 'Better' Video?

DCK wrote:

Sorry. Fixed.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

A few quick points:

* I doubt axl will run out of money, surely he'd have investments and there must be a casual income stream associated with licencing the classic hits and stuff?

* Sebastian is an awesome opening act for GNR to me. I loved that shit!

* Aussie is right about the arena shows being sucessful in oz. melbourne was sold out the first night anyway.

While my mood varies, I'm tending to agree with DCK today, I'm thought in the past that the managment of GNR was pretty strange and wondered what's going on, but since Axl came and spoke to us, I sort of see where he is comming from more. Not saying I'd make the same choices, but I understand now why he makes them. And the 'closure' on the matter for me - was it's clear that right or wrong - that's how the man feels and that's not something going away real soon. So there isn't going to be a reunion in the forceeable future, and things will continue they way they are. We'll probably get a tour, and maybe more albums in the future, but I know the process will be frought with stange occurances like this ferando/lars thing. But that's just how it goes. And while i've never understood the idea of 'get on board or fuck off' cos that's just rude - I do think for their own happiness some fans are going to have to accept that the current situation is the state of play and it's not changing. You accept it for what it is and enjoy the music. The alternative is to kick and scream for things to change, but I suspect such action will simpily isolate axl further or just make him mad, I don't think he'd ask us how high we'd like him to jump. I don't know him but that's the impression I've got of him over the years.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The Finland and Norwegian shows had another date added to them both due to demand. All the Scandinavian dates were sold out as well. Aussie too and UK also did very well. If the sales were lukewarm in the USA then I'm sorry that you don't like proper music anymore.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I wonder if they are going to release the video closer to the U.S. major theater  release (Jan. 16) of The Wrestler?  GNR is going to get some press mentions when this movie is reviewed, etc.  If my antennae are tuned in correctly, I have a feeling this movie is going to do well in the U.S.  In addition, Rourke may get an Oscar, as I have read in the early reviews, that his performance is captivating.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

The difference between you and me Axlin is that while I think Chinese Democracy was given lukewarm reception, you call it a gigantic clusterfuck.

That's your choice.

And don't ever call me Jarmo again.

Dem's fightin' words, lmao.

You're cool man... you're cool. 21

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
sic. wrote:
DCK wrote:

And don't ever call me Jarmo again.

Right on.

DCK wrote:

It's as offensive as calling me a fucking retard.

Wrong.

Both of you: No need to bring Jarmo into this conversation, let alone throw a personal remark his way. This isn't the kind of place the condones such talk about other boards and their respective admins.

'Okay Jarmo' is a personal remark? 10

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

'Okay Jarmo' is a personal remark? 10

No.

But namedropping him in this context is not necessary either.

You can be more creative than that.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I wonder if they are going to release the video closer to the U.S. major theater  release (Jan. 16) of The Wrestler?  GNR is going to get some press mentions when this movie is reviewed, etc.  If my antennae are tuned in correctly, I have a feeling this movie is going to do well in the U.S.  In addition, Rourke may get an Oscar, as I have read in the early reviews, that his performance is captivating.

having seen the film, i can tell you it is astonishing & heartbreaking.
mickey rourke does name check axl rose in the bar scene when talking to marisa tomei (good scene-they are talking about how the 80s rocked untill that asshole kurt cobain ruined it).
sweet child is used really well towards the end of the film.

i watched it a couple of days ago, & i'm still thinking about it.
excellent film.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

For those who are wondering, a DVDSCR has already leaked onto the internet.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer