You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: LARS ULRICH Holding Up Release of GNR 'Better' Video?

-D- wrote:

Also on "the Wrestler"

Slash does the Original Music throughout the movie.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

is the dvd of The Wrestler of the Better Vid...sorry lost the plot there.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

My bet is the Better video is out this week.  I think Universal and Frontline work closely with Viacom, whose flagship rock station is K-Rock out of NY.  They had a GNR block weekend.  Also, VH1, which is owned by Viacom, rolled out WTTJ as the #1 hard rock song this weekend (or re-aired the countdown this weekend).  Typically, big artists management works with Viacom to coordinate these subtle cross marketing campaigns.  I could be wrong, but it seems to me this is not a coincidence.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Russ is dead on in his assessment.

It ain't gonna take the world by storm. It isn't a hit.

The monumental promotion was Body Of Lies & Rock Band 2. It's over.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

If axl or his "manager" arent talking, then why dont the "band" do it, ya know like the good old days..  This is a band isnt it??? No its not. Im shocked at how after soo long this cd has been dropped and left to fend for itself..

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

russtcb wrote:

Not to slight you Bright Eyes, but I think anyone waiting for anything "big" to happen is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I firmly believe that if and when a video is released for Better it will A) be half assed live footage thrown together and B) Go largly unnoticed by most of planet Earth.

I never suggested anything of the sort, and I do not believe you were suggesting that I did.  I am simply stating, I believe that I think the video is going to surface this week.  Videos from all bands have gone unnoticed for years.  The whole concept lost it's luster somewhere in the mid nineties--the last videos I recall being "big" were Aerosmith's run with "Crying" and "Crazy".  The novelty which videos once were, is no longer there.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The monumental promotion was Body Of Lies & Rock Band 2. It's over.

When I hear monumental campaign I immediately think of:

The beginning of a truly great viral campaign.

In Axls defense, during his Q&A with fans he hinted at having his own plans for the album promotion which were pushed aside by the suits. I'd like to think Axl would have gone viral but I guess we'll never know.

I don't have high hopes for the Better video, I'm assuming it'll be re-hashed 2006 tour footage like most others. Unless Axl is out there now filming something better smile

Sky Dog wrote:

Downliner, I hope you are kidding because that "free" NIN album pretty much sucked. Even With Teeth is only a Gold record in the US. Chinese will be Gold within two months of release-although that doesn't really mean anything. But, for all Trent's alleged genius and "marketing" ability, he hasn't really sold that many records since The Fragile.

I will agree that a Better video isn't the answer. It will help a little, but (for whatever reason) I just don't think it is getting the airplay.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
madagas wrote:

Downliner, I hope you are kidding because that "free" NIN album pretty much sucked.

I agree the album sucked but that wasn't really the point I was trying to get across. NIN had a video that made people say "WTF?". Those who looked into it more by going to the NIN site found thousands of fans participating in a game, sharing songs etc. The media quickly picked up on this and reported about the daily NIN findings for days/weeks on end, some proclaiming that TR was leading the music industry into a digital revolution etc.

Anyone intrigued by the Better video will come online to find Axl ranting about Slash being evil 16

This is probably all off topic, just with talking about videos and the mention of a monumental campaign I got sidetracked smile

Board footer