You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting, I heard The Valkyrie sucked.

Addams Family Values

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Saw Hell Boy 2 the other day ... seemed a bit forced

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The Fugitive (1992)

First time since it's release, I had seen it all the way through. AMAZINGLY underrated film. Terrific from start to finish. Harrison Ford is great. Tommy Lee Jones is at his best, playing... Tommy Lee Jones. Twists and turns, and the supporting cast is stellar. Great fuckin' movie, and it alot of ways, it seems to be a throwback. The formula is like the original TV series, and at the same time of feeling modern in the 90's, the whole movie feels like it could have Steve McQueen and Lee Marvin and be in the 60's, that kinda of thing, if you get what i'm saying. A modern classic imo.

U.S. Marshals (1998)

Figured i'd watch the sequel all the way through. Weak as I remembered. Not a bad film, but a steaming turd compared to "The Fugitive". Tommy Lee Jones is still great, as is his 'team'. But the supporting cast beyond that is WEAK. Wesley Snipes and Robert Downey, Jr.? That was the best you could get? Seriously? The film would be DRASTICALLY improved by a better cast. You knew Downey was a bad guy from the very get go, because as an actor he doesn't have much range, and Snipes has always been the "black Chuck Norris", which when it comes to acting, is not a compliment. Certaintly a gigantic tradedown from Harrison Ford. Fair film.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I saw Gran Torino and Eagle Eye last night.

Gran Torino is one hell of a movie.  Clint Eastwood is like..78 years old and he is still one hell of an actor.  The intensity in his scenes is something I haven't seen before.  He says things like, "I shoot a hole in your face, and then go inside and sleep like a baby.  You can count on that.  We used to stack fucks like you five feet high in Korea and use you as sand bags," and it's believable!  Highly recommended.

Eagle eye was pretty good as well.  A lot of people don't like Shia, but he does well in this movie.  Very high paced movie, but the slow parts kind of drag on.  Still recommend though.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I'm hopefully going to see both Gran Torino and The Unborn this weekend.

As for DVD, I recently re-watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind after quite a few years and it hit me just as hard as it did the first time. Jim Carrey's penultimate dramatic performance, bar none.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I watched Jumper today because it was on HBO in HD. It was ok for the most part then the ending just made the whole thing not even a little bit worth while.

Next up is The Wrestler which I hope to watch tomorrow.

Saw The Wrestler the night before I saw these last two movies.  Well worth it.  It's interesting as it shows you the backstage aspect of wrestling.  You know, the two guys discussing the match and stuff like that.  It really shows you how even though wrestling might be fake, the hits they take are not.  That's just the wrestling part of it though.  Randy "The Ram" sure has a hard and interesting life.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

curious case of BB and step brothers.... both great

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Die Hard, not like I'd never seen it before but you just gotta watch it when it's on.

'You ask for miracles, I give you the F..B..I'

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Die Hard, not like I'd never seen it before but you just gotta watch it when it's on.

'You ask for miracles, I give you the F..B..I'

"come to the coast.. we'll get together.. have a few laughs...."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^I killed your brother...I broke his fucking neck!

Board footer