You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GNR go Gold

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

U2 appeals to everyone, no matter what your music preference, sex, race, age... don't matter.

mark me down as another U2 "Not" fan....i dont like AC/DC either...though maybe i'm just a troll

U2 is too wimpy and AC/DC is too bland and predictable

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I was at the AC/DC in Jersey. Plenty of ladies attending the show. From 16-60. All races were there as well. AC/DC appeals to everyone. Almost anyone into rock music rocks out to AC/DC.

That's the key right there. U2 actually appeals to people of all preferred musical genres, unlike AC/DC, which is just a diverse rock crowd.

That is true but I wouldn't want some pop fans at my AC/DC concert. And U2 is a pop rock band where as AC/DC is just a rock n roll machine.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

U2 appeals to everyone, no matter what your music preference, sex, race, age... don't matter.

mark me down as another U2 "Not" fan....i dont like AC/DC either...though maybe i'm just a troll

U2 is too wimpy and AC/DC is too bland and predictable

You're to predictable. Troll. 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Never cared much for either U2 or AC/DC.

U2 is quite boring and AC/DC always creates simple rock tunes to the same keys with some stupid lyrics that doesnt mean shit.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

The thing that makes me laugh is you guys who call U2 a wimpy  pop band. U2's music is more meaningful and deep than 90% of all artists we discuss including you know who. And for those who think U2 are too wimpy, well go see them in concert and then say that. And tell me how songs like Bullet the Blue Sky, Exit, Hold Me Thrill me Kiss Me Kill me, Desire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Mofo, Bad, One, Kite etc. etc. are wimpy songs?  I do honestly get that people don't like U2 cause it's not their cup of tea but for those who actually like songs like SOD and This I Love and  the numerous whiny/ wimpy lyrics Axl has written recently and in the past it comes off really hypocritical to call U2 "wimpy pop".  BLS please explain why you woudn't want U2 fans at your AC/DC concert. What is that? Some of you act like U2 belong in the same genre as *NSYNC, Britney and share the same fanbase. WRONG.

I don't know I've just never understood the U2 being wimpy thing when their subject matter in songs hits on things a hell of a lot less wimpy than the stuff Axl hits on. U2 have never been a  "poor me I need to bitch about how wrong I've been done by"  kind of band.  Maybe I'm just not sure what you guys mean by wimpy. Cause to me a lack of wicked guitar shredding solos or scretching wails by a singer doesn't mean wimpy.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I dont think U2 is wimpy. Just not my cup of tea. But I do think they have a few really good songs.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

And for those who think U2 are too wimpy, well go see them in concert and then say that.

U2 used to be cool until they turned all gay.... & i'd go see them if i could afford a ticket ... U2 has been about nothing more than money since Zooropa and not even you can deny that one

I do like Boy, War, Joshua and Actung Baby...everything else is shite

I admire U2 for lots of things including Longevity....but Bono's neverending charity facade is boring and their music is wimpy IMO especially after the early 90's

But I'm a hard rock fan anyway and U2 is light rock at best...my wife likes U2 16

why the hell are we talking about every band but gnr in this section anyway....dont answer it was a rhetorical question....i know why we arent talking about GnR tongue

I like SoD and Catcher, but prostitute & TIL are bad tunes that i could see U2 trying their hand at.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
Bono wrote:

The thing that makes me laugh is you guys who call U2 a wimpy  pop band. U2's music is more meaningful and deep than 90% of all artists we discuss including you know who. And for those who think U2 are too wimpy, well go see them in concert and then say that. And tell me how songs like Bullet the Blue Sky, Exit, Hold Me Thrill me Kiss Me Kill me, Desire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Mofo, Bad, One, Kite etc. etc. are wimpy songs?  I do honestly get that people don't like U2 cause it's not their cup of tea but for those who actually like songs like SOD and This I Love and  the numerous whiny/ wimpy lyrics Axl has written recently and in the past it comes off really hypocritical to call U2 "wimpy pop".  BLS please explain why you woudn't want U2 fans at your AC/DC concert. What is that? Some of you act like U2 belong in the same genre as *NSYNC, Britney and share the same fanbase. WRONG.

I don't know I've just never understood the U2 being wimpy thing when their subject matter in songs hits on things a hell of a lot less wimpy than the stuff Axl hits on. U2 have never been a  "poor me I need to bitch about how wrong I've been done by"  kind of band.  Maybe I'm just not sure what you guys mean by wimpy. Cause to me a lack of wicked guitar shredding solos or scretching wails by a singer doesn't mean wimpy.

Not U2 fands. Pop fans. When I say pop rock I do not mean pop as in Britney Spears or boy bands. Just a band that is popular across the whole board.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

Cause to me a lack of wicked guitar shredding solos or scretching wails by a singer doesn't mean wimpy.

It does to me 9

According to Bono, "Beautiful Day" is about "a man who has lost everything, but finds joy in what he still has."[citation needed] In recent interviews, Bono also mentioned that "Beautiful Day" could be seen as a modern Christmas song.

GAY 22

Discothèque

Ghey

Sweetest Thing was allegedly written by Bono as an apology to his wife Ali Hewson for forgetting her birthday during The Joshua Tree sessions.

Whipped 16

"Numb" and "Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me" are prolly the 2 most recent cool songs by the band 22

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

U2 used to be cool until they turned all gay.... & i'd go see them if i could afford a ticket ... U2 has been about nothing more than money since Zooropa and not even you can deny that one

Whoa!  U2 floor seats for their last two tours were less than your average price for a Guns N' Roses show. FACT. But no point in argueing that here.

Neemo wrote:

I do like Boy, War, Joshua and Actung Baby...everything else is shite

That is ridiculous. How is The Unforgettable Fire shit? How is Rattle and Hum shit? If you like Boy and War how can you honestly call October shit? And I'd think that for anyone who's a  rock fan and actually liked Achtung Baby the album POP  would actually get a  little more respect than it does.

Neemo wrote:

I admire U2 for lots of things including Longevity....but Bono's neverending charity facade is boring and their music is wimpy IMO especially after the early 90's

yeah charity work is boring I get that but is that reason for him to stop? And to call it a facade is naive Neemo. People don't stick with something and basically lead the charge for over 20 years if it's a simple facade. Plus what's  that got to do with their music. and how is Bono's charity work in any way shape or form wimpy?  I find Axl hiding in his basement boring too but I dont' take that into account when I hear his music.  Describing the music as boring is acceptable, calling it wimpy just doesn't make sense to me.

Neemo wrote:

But I'm a hard rock fan anyway and U2 is light rock at best...my wife likes U2 16

Your wife is a  smart lady with great taste 16

Neemo wrote:

I like SoD and Catcher, but prostitute & TIL are bad tunes that i could see U2 trying their hand at.

Why would U2 ever try their hand at Axl's average attempts at being epic? No need to answer that rhetorical question.  tongue

Too funny though how you like SOD and Catcher while the other two are bad. My opinion is the exact opposite. Fuck CD is a weird beast and I don't mean that in an overly  flattering way.

BLS-Pride wrote:

Not U2 fands. Pop fans. When I say pop rock I do not mean pop as in Britney Spears or boy bands. Just a band that is popular across the whole board.

Gotcha. I misinterpreted what you said. 5

Board footer