You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Yeah, cultural differences probably play a part, it's a film based on an big american tradition and it's not something that really happens in the UK so it's hard to relate in that sense for me. Plus it's now a 17 year old film, set 30 years ago so it definitely feels aged. I don't know, it just bored me, nothing really seemed to happen in it hmm 19

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Dazed & Confused is an awesome movie!! What are you talking about??

I don't think it's aged badly either. Myb because I still look back on those years, granted I didn't grow up in the 70;'s at that age, and the 'Just Say No' late 80's were more like 90210 than D&C for me, but I still hink it's a great movie & relate to some of those moments. Great one liners too.
"The average fight only lasts 30 seconds, then everyone jumps in to break it up. So all I really need is 3 or 4 good punches to hold my own" (or something like that".

That & Wooderman

"Alright alright alright"

"Hey your girls got any weed on you?" 
"No"
"It'd be cooler if you did.."

"The older you get the more rules they gonna make you follow. You know you you need to do? You need to start doin what Randall 'Pink' Floyd wants to do, and that's called livin. L-I-V-I-N."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Psycho

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i watched "now you know" yesterday... the directorial debut of jef anderson... the guy who played randall in clerks and clerks 2... not bad. not good... but not bad

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Phantasm

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I downloaded Marley and Me.  An Amazing movie.  My friend recommended it to me and said it was the best Dog movie ever.  If you're a Dog lover, this is definitely a movie to see.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Psycho II

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Juno, it was great. Better than Superbad imho as far as high school movies go, not really a HS movie, but that age group. Very cute though.

Also if anyone used to freestyle or BMX in the 80's watch Joe Kid on a Schwinn. It's a documentary on biking back then & has interviews with old riders like Stu Thompson, Mike Diminguez, Ron Wilkerson, RL Osborne.. very cool, interesting to see them now at 40. They speak of how they were on top of the world, for only 2 or 3 years, then either they were pushed out by younger better riders, or around 1991 the sport really faded away. Interesting because one guy claims it's due to Nintendo (interesting theory). But the videos, the magazines etc all dropped in popularity. Looking back, most of the guys probably never were paid all that much.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Phantasm IV: Oblivion

Great, underrated movie.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Finally got to check out My Bloody Valentine 3D. As a fan of not only the original (which I proudly hold in my horror collection), but the gimmick that is horror movies in 3D, I thought this one was a lot of fun. Obviously, coming off the high that was The Wrestler, I'm not concerned with witnessing the next cinematic breakthrough. Having said that, a good time was in order this past Sunday and My Bloody Valentine 3D delivered in spades. It's unashamed to be exactly what it is, a gore-spattered, B movie epic.

3.5/5

Board footer