You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NINE INCH NAILS Thread

NIN members always come and go. To play the material as well as is needed and demanded by Trent, you have to have the type of person that wants to do a ton of things. Robin has played with them more than anyone else. But all the NIN hall of famers (Danny Lohner, Charlie Clouser, Chris Vrenna, Jerome Dillon, now Josh Freese and Allesandro) end up moving on to other things.

Robin left NIN for different reasons I think and that's why he's back with them. It'll be a loss for NIN but Allesandro's ModWheelMood project is pretty interesting, I'd like to see where he takes that with more free time (hopefully touring).

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Over 400 Gigabytes of high-definition concert footage from Nine Inch Nails’ recent Lights in the Sky tour have surfaced on the internet and have been posted on the band’s official message board for download. The real story here, however, is that Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor, in typical Trent Reznor fashion, fully endorses the distribution of the concert bootlegs.

“The internet is full of surprises these days,” Reznor writes on the band’s website. “I was contacted by a mysterious, shadowy group of subversives who SOMEHOW managed to film a substantial amount (over 400 GB!) of raw, unedited HD footage from three separate complete shows of our Lights in the Sky tour. Security must have been lacking at these shows because the quality of the footage is excellent.”

“If any of you could find a LINK to that footage I'll bet some enterprising fans could assemble something pretty cool. Oh yeah, you didn't hear this from me,” he adds.

The footage comes from the band’s shows in Victoria, BC (12/05/08), Portland, OR (12/07/08), and Sacramento, CA (12/12/08). The footage is available for download via BitTorrent. The links to these downloads are available at the link Reznor provided in his post.

Luckily for those of us who don’t have 400 Gigabytes of hard drive space to spare, some more tech-savvy fans are already hard at work editing the footage into a more user-friendly format including a full-blown DVD release.

Report by David Lowe-Bianco.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/onl … faces.html

Communist China

This was a reaction to the failure by the band and especially a distribution/record company to get a DVD of this tour. Plans fell through but as this is one of the technically most impressive and well-run tours in rock, it needed to be seen.

By the way, Ghosts I-IV was the highest sold download album from Amazon in 2008, and it was not on a label, with the Creative Commons license. Ghosts was also in lastfm.com's top 10 albums listened to. Big success without a big company behind it.

Communist China

Professional photos of NIN live are available here: http://www.frcphotos.com/gallery.php?id=198

and here: http://www.frcphotos.com/gallery.php?id=199

Some really cool shots, and some great ones of Robin if that's what you're looking for.

Communist China

So if you've been following the nin.com photoblog you've seen pictures of Trent in studio with Jane's Addiction, and something is supposed to happen tomorrow. I haven't been following any theories but the most likely guess is that Trent is producing either new music with JA, or cleaning up some live material for them.

As a big fan of Trent's production and a semi-big fan of JA, I'm fairly excited.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Some guy who has 'insider contacts' in touring circles at another forum I go to has hinted at a NIN/Jane's Addiction summer/fall tour.

He mentioned this before these various pics popped up.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hey Guys...this is a bit of a silly question....

But I just bought a floor ticket to the NIN show in Melbourne next week. Thought i'd go check it out as I like what i've heard from trent...and to see Robin..(although I was never much of a fan of him as a slash replacment...I liked his Chinese Democracy stuff and respected his stage presence live..you could say I like him as an artist just not as 'slash')

Anyhow...I dont know much NIN except "Closer" and "The Perfect Drug" from the radio. And I downloaded "The Slip" last year from their website. But i've never heard all the rest of their material...so i was thinkinfg of getting some and listening to it in advance so I recgonise the songs or whatever live...

Anyway...i'm wondering if anyone knows the staple songs of this tours setlist? Like is there particular stuff I should go listen to that there is a strong chance they'd play next week? Thanks!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The setlist isn't too impressive, which was one of the reasons I so easily balked at going. They do pretty much play their hits though. They play quite a bit of that Ghosts material, so you should probably download that.

However, I'm not a NIN nutswinger so others may have been impressed by it.

If you want to download a great NIN record, go download Pretty Hate Machine.

Communist China

You're pretty much guaranteed to hear these individual tracks:

Head Like a Hole
Terrible Lie

Wish
Gave Up

March of the Pigs
Closer
Hurt

The Hand That Feeds
Only

I would be surprised if you didn't see all or all but one of those. They play a lot of the recent albums, The Slip and Year Zero. Ghosts, when done live, is largely improvisational (and instrumental) so if you're into that, go ahead and get it, but it's not necessary - I didn't recognize which specific Ghosts they did when I saw them, despite having all 4 'volumes'.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Don't they play Every Day alot too?

Board footer