You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Who would have believed this would be a game!?

I did, read my post from earlier today 16

NE is good, but not unbeatable. Eagles are playing with a 3rd string safety. I'm not making excuses but their game plan TOTALLY shut down Moss & NE. Welker ended up beating us but a 3 point loss to a 5-6 team isn't worth knighting them as the "greatest team ever"?!  Did anyone else notice NE had no running game whatsoever? Wonder what that was about but if Belicheck gives up on Mulroney  & the running game before December that's a mistake. They were too one-dimensional tonight & that played into the Eagles hands by not even having to worry about the run. Why they chose to do that was moronic, if they keep that up among Balt, Pitt & NYG, they will lose at least once.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The Pit game is where they have to worry. Big Ben is a good QB, and they have a decent running game to go with it.

NE needs a RB really bad. I agree that if they abandon their running game it will be a mistake, but Mulroney does not breed confidence. First thing on NE's list of things to do in the offseason is get a RB.

I wouldn't say Philly "shut down" that offense. 31 points and over 300 yards for Brady isn't a shutdown. They exposed holes in that NE defense and unfortunately for them, didn't capitalize on it like they should have.

James

James wrote:

Lets take a look at the latest standings....

AFC

East

y-New England Patriots 11-0
Buffalo Bills     5-6
New York Jets     2-9
Miami Dolphins 0-10

North

Pittsburgh Steelers 7-3
Cleveland Browns 7-4
Cincinnati Bengals 4-7
Baltimore Ravens 4-7

South
Indianapolis Colts 9-2
Jacksonville Jaguars 8-3
Tennessee Titans 6-5
Houston Texans 5-6

West
San Diego Chargers 6-5
Denver Broncos 5-6
Kansas City Chiefs 4-7
Oakland Raiders 3-8

NFC

East
Dallas Cowboys 10-1
New York Giants 7-4
Washington Redskins 5-6
Philadelphia Eagles 5-6

North

Green Bay Packers 10-1
Detroit Lions     6-5
Minnesota Vikings 5-6
Chicago Bears 5-6

South

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7-4
New Orleans Saints 5-6
Carolina Panthers 4-7
Atlanta Falcons 3-8

West

Seattle Seahawks 7-4
Arizona Cardinals 5-6
San Francisco 49ers 3-8   
St. Louis Rams 2-9

x-Clinched Playoff Spot; y-Division Champ; z-Clinched Home Field

James

James wrote:

Before I break down these standings a bit, am I the only person who thinks Eli should be a backup QB? Giants should offer him as trade bait at the end of the season while he still has a bit of value.

Most of the playoff spots are pretty much wrapped up, its just not a formality yet. Its more fighting for position than actual spots.

In the AFC, as long as nothing shocking happens, NE and Indy will get the bye week. Pit and San Diego will get the remaining division slots, and Pit would play Cleveland while San Diego would play Jacksonville. Both those games could go either way, and if you're Indy you do not want to play Pit. Colts fans will be begging for a Cleveland upset(which is possible) and a Chargers victory.

In the NFC, GB and Dallas would get the bye, while Seattle and Tampa get the other division spots. Tampa would play Detroit, and Seattle would play the Giants. Seattle almost guaranteed a win there, and Detroit could easily upset that Tampa team. In that scenario, we could see(I'm predicting GB at no. 1 seed) Green Bay vs Detroit and Dallas vs Seattle. I cant really imagine an upset in this scenario, and a GB-Dallas title game seems inevitable. Only way I could see an upset to a GB-Dallas game is if Tampa advances and plays Dallas, knocking them out of the playoffs. However, a GB-Tampa title game just screams upset, so there will be alot of nervous GB fans in that scenario.

So if you're a Cowboy hater, better start hoping Tampa gets the right playoff slot.

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Did anyone else notice NE had no running game whatsoever? Wonder what that was about but if Belicheck gives up on Mulroney  & the running game before December that's a mistake. They were too one-dimensional tonight & that played into the Eagles hands by not even having to worry about the run. Why they chose to do that was moronic, if they keep that up among Balt, Pitt & NYG, they will lose at least once.

Now that I'm coming down, I would like to elaborate more on this. I can now see why some hate this team with a passion because of the arrogance. There was 3 minutes left, Pats leading, they have the ball, and all they have to do is run the clock out. What do they do? On 3rd and 2, Brady is in the shotgun! Are you fucking kidding me? This kind of shit might work in the regular season, but come playoff time, those types of decisions are going to be crucial mistakes that will cost them a game. I don't give a fuck who you are, on 3rd and 2, you run the ball. Period.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Who would have believed this would be a game!?

I did, read my post from earlier today 16

Actually I did before the game...good call!  I have felt if it wasn't Pittsburgh who dethroned New England it would be a team with a less than stellar record.  With the problems in the D covering midrange passes and how "human" Brady looked with Moss covered I think the Pats' next five games should be really interesting.  New England...Miami is knocking!! 16

Jameslofton wrote:

I can now see why some hate this team with a passion because of the arrogance. There was 3 minutes left, Pats leading, they have the ball, and all they have to do is run the clock out. What do they do? On 3rd and 2, Brady is in the shotgun! Are you fucking kidding me? This kind of shit might work in the regular season, but come playoff time, those types of decisions are going to be crucial mistakes that will cost them a game. I don't give a fuck who you are, on 3rd and 2, you run the ball. Period.

Agreed.  Yes they are a good team but shit like this is nothing more than "showboating" and also displays a lack of sound football judgement.  This mentality may be the thing to come back and cost them there perfect season.  Keep in mind that there was a very questionable touchdown giving to NE before the half.  Also one of NE's touchdowns came from a returned interception and Brady was nearly picked off in the endzone on the drive that put the Pat's ahead in the fourth quarter.  In other words, New England literally squeaked out a win over a less than stellar opponent.  They don't have the room to start being arrogant and/or more importantly...stupid.

James

James wrote:

It wont be Miami that dethrones them. Pittsburgh is the only team that has a legit chance of beating them in the regular season. They have an offense that could punch holes in that NE defense. The rest of their opponents left have shit offenses, and Miami is just a huge pile of clusterfuck. NE might score 70 on Miami.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I wouldn't call the NFC wildcard wrapped up, I think it's totally up in the air actually. And since Philly beat Detroit, we are only 1/2 game behind them, so if both have the same record, we win the tiebreaker & get in. Minn could make a run as well, it really depends on teams schedules and I think I hear Detroit has a really hard ending to their schedule. Arizona really could have taken the lead by beating SF, but they blew that opportunity.

As for my NE post, I guess I didn't mean we shut down NE offense, but we did for Moss & pretty much Stallworth. I guess that's how you play them, pick 2 guys make the 3rd guy beat you. The next team should shut down Moss & Welker & try & see if Stallworth can do it.  I still don't understand NE running game, I though Mulroney was pretty good!? Why didn't he play, is he hurt or just bad.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yikes now that was a nailbiter...looks like a perfect season will be tougher than everybody figured

the giuants loss was disappointing as was the bills game hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I agree that they should get rid of Losman....hell i told you guys they should got Quinn in last years draft, but whatever

and I think Eli's about at the end of his rope too....hes just too inconsistant for my tastes

as for the eagles...they should get rid of McNabb IMO while he has any value left

Board footer