You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

James wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Before I break down these standings a bit, am I the only person who thinks Eli should be a backup QB? Giants should offer him as trade bait at the end of the season while he still has a bit of value.

Oh please. Give me a fucking break. You're smarter than this James. He had a bad game, it happens to the best of them ya know. I think I remember Peyton having a 6 INT game this year, his 11th season! It happens.

The game yesterday was a team loss. On offense, the line wasnt blocking for shit, Eli had no time, he made mistakes, there were at least 5 drops, our number 1 reciever is playing on one ankle, our top two RBs were out of this game. This loss does not go soley on Eli, there is enough blame to go around.

The Giants can recover from this. I remember a VERY similar game in 2005, where Eli threw 4 INTs against Minnesota. They lost that game, and rebounded. They even won the division that year. I'm not saying they are going to win the division, cause that would require a catastrophic collapse by Dallas, but they are in fine position for the wild card spots. They can beat Seattle or Tampa. They will be fine.

A bad game?? Add an s to the end of that. Happens to "the best of them"? Eli doesn't even come close to being allowed in that category, and even comparisons to his brother are laughable.

I know you NY fans probably cherish this guy, and hope that he somehow lives up to the potential put on him since his last name is Manning. Not gonna happen. He has been about as inconsistent as you can possibly get. Has he shown moments of possible greatness over the past few years? Sure, but his mistakes override whatever greatness there is.

He'll be regarded alongside other good but not great QBs like Neil Lomax, Dave Krieg, Chris Chandler,etc.

Yeah, they will likely make it into the playoffs as long as they only lose one more game in the closing stretch, but they aren't going deep in the playoffs. They MIGHT beat Seattle as that is a terrible team, but no way in hell do they win in Tampa.

If Dallas is the real deal, it will likely be years until NY wins that division again.

James

James wrote:

I just checked the Lions schedule, and they play Minnesota, Dallas, San Diego, Kansas City and Green Bay. They've already lost 3 straight. No way in hell is that team going to the playoffs.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Philly is a real possibility as well. They impressed the hell out of me last night.

I'm personally very proud of how the Eagles played last night.  They lost, but as was said in a few articles I read, loosing to NE doesnt make them in the minority.  They played one hell of a game, and if we could play like that every time we stepped on the field this would be a completely different season.

James

James wrote:

I just looked at next week's schedule, and there are alot of big games with playoff implications.

Green Bay vs Dallas
Jacksonville vs Indianapolis
Seattle vs Philadelphia
Denver vs Oakland
Tampa Bay vs New Orleans
Houston vs Tennessee
San Diego vs Kansas City
Detroit vs Minnesota
Cleveland vs Arizona
NY Giants vs Chicago

James

James wrote:

That game last night was a stinker. 3-0, and that field goal came in the last few seconds. Weather played a huge factor, but I was still surprised how neither team could really do much.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Before I break down these standings a bit, am I the only person who thinks Eli should be a backup QB? Giants should offer him as trade bait at the end of the season while he still has a bit of value.

Oh please. Give me a fucking break. You're smarter than this James. He had a bad game, it happens to the best of them ya know. I think I remember Peyton having a 6 INT game this year, his 11th season! It happens.

The game yesterday was a team loss. On offense, the line wasnt blocking for shit, Eli had no time, he made mistakes, there were at least 5 drops, our number 1 reciever is playing on one ankle, our top two RBs were out of this game. This loss does not go soley on Eli, there is enough blame to go around.

The Giants can recover from this. I remember a VERY similar game in 2005, where Eli threw 4 INTs against Minnesota. They lost that game, and rebounded. They even won the division that year. I'm not saying they are going to win the division, cause that would require a catastrophic collapse by Dallas, but they are in fine position for the wild card spots. They can beat Seattle or Tampa. They will be fine.

A bad game?? Add an s to the end of that. Happens to "the best of them"? Eli doesn't even come close to being allowed in that category, and even comparisons to his brother are laughable.

I know you NY fans probably cherish this guy, and hope that he somehow lives up to the potential put on him since his last name is Manning. Not gonna happen. He has been about as inconsistent as you can possibly get. Has he shown moments of possible greatness over the past few years? Sure, but his mistakes override whatever greatness there is.

He'll be regarded alongside other good but not great QBs like Neil Lomax, Dave Krieg, Chris Chandler,etc.

Yeah, they will likely make it into the playoffs as long as they only lose one more game in the closing stretch, but they aren't going deep in the playoffs. They MIGHT beat Seattle as that is a terrible team, but no way in hell do they win in Tampa.

If Dallas is the real deal, it will likely be years until NY wins that division again.

I never said he belonged in that catagory right now, but it DOES happen to the best of them, like say his brother! You are really showing that you dont understand ALL young QBs are going to have growing pains. You cant compare Eli right now, to say, Peyton right now. QBs come along at different times. I'm honestly shocked that you are saying the stuff you are. I was as upset as anyone with his game the other day, but that shit happens! If he hadnt shown flashes of GREATNESS so far in his career, then you might have a point, but as is, you are way off.

Dallas, as of now, is better than the Giants, but the Giants arent that far off.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Re: New England

They are going to have to be very careful. They do have a weakness and it has been exposed this past week, and against Dallas. Their defense is getting older and slower. It may come down to a game where Brady cant put up 40+ in a game, and the defense isnt stopping the opponent. This definatly bears watching in the next few games.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

NE is looking a little weak. An effective blitz will keep that offense under 30. The problem is when teams like the Bills blitz, they don't get close. But Philly cut down on Brady's pocket time and without a running game to worry about the Pats struggled. And their defense, at times, is very average. A confident team could put up 30 and run the clock given the right conditions.

Arrogance and one-sided offense almost ended their dream, and soon you can add weather to that list of negative factors.

at Baltimore 
Pittsburgh 
NY Jets   
Miami
at NY Giants

That the pats remaining sched....toughest game will be pittsburgh, but pomalu is hurt now , the perfect season is still a posibility , but even if it doesnt happen, no biggie the team is still amazing this year, but yeah they could lose any given sunday 16

James

James wrote:

How many years does the guy get a free pass with growing pains? The guy was handed the starting job without even earning it. Fuck growing pains. If the Giants felt he was ready to carry the franchise, then I think year 3 is time to stop the excuses. They had a proven QB at the helm(Warner) and just tossed him aside mid season so Eli could have some growing pains and because his last name was Manning. Here we are three years later, the team has went downhill in that time frame, and Coughlin is REALLY close to losing his job there.

The team has slid in the Eli era. He is as predictable as a sunset. Plays ok early in the season, starts sucking, and then the Giants slide. repeat every year. I do think they will make the playoffs, but if the usual Eli regression happens, there is a chance they will miss the playoffs. A few teams are right on their trail.

As a hardcore Giants fan, I want to ask you this question: How many more years of "growing pains" are allowed before you are willing to call him a bust and have the team try and pick up the pieces?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

In Eli's defense the same thing happened with QB;'s named Alex Smith, Rivers, Palmer, Leftwich, Vick, Grossman, Marc Bulger ec...  Young QB's given the franchise & not doing a whole lot with it right now. Well, Vick isn't young, but he was basically GIVEN the starting job in ATL automatically in year 2, & they let him play no matter how bad he would get.

Board footer