You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

slashsfro wrote:

The more I see this saga roll the more convinced I am that Axl believes that Slash has no right to be out there talking about his work on AFD etc because he is not in GNR and Axl owns the band now.

But don't Duff and Izzy share the same criteria?  I think part of this bitterness stems from Slash quitting the band in 1996.  I think Marc Canter said that Slash tried to get back in the band during the late 1990s.  Duff and Izzy have never tried to rejoin the band. 

I think Slash's continued success and respected position in modern music and media galls Axl and has played havoc with his comfort zone as he tried to bring the nuGNR crew forward.

I agree with this statement 100%.  His status in the music world has surpassed Axl as well.

Parts of this interview reminded me of the OMG press release

Yes, there is a certain incoherent rambling aspect that made this interview difficult to read and interpret.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Parts of this interview reminded me of the OMG press release

Yes, there is a certain incoherent rambling aspect that made this interview difficult to read and interpret.

yes, we here in the gnr community call that a "rant."

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

intercourse - you point out all of the things that slash did to axl and compare their similarities to the things izzy, matt, and duff have done. you then combine that with the fact that axl said he he would reunite with all of them except slash and some how come up with an opinion that axl has unfairly singled out slash and doesn't want him accepting due credit for past work because he is no longer in gnr???

the first natural step seems to be to question what slash may have done to axl (IN AXL'S EYES OFCOURSE) that the others didn't. i think it's safe to say  we know about 1 percent of what went on behind the scenes when the original gnr walked the earth and since then so unlikely theories, like jealousy or discontent (with slash's success or due credit)  puts an unsavory and baseless label on axl's head and seems kinda irresponsible to me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I can answer that question easily

Slash and Axl are the most famous members of GNR

Slash left got all the love, Axl got all the blame and hate

People love Slash, they love to hate Axl and Axl blames that on Slash and the fact he used his good guy rep to bury Axl and make him look like a clown.

The other guys aren't famous enough to do that.

I do find it funny that Axl said about the collaborations he'd be stuck with it and the blame..

haha

Izzyrecords like 10 albums a day

Duff put a brand new band together and they recorded their debut album in like 6 months or less and still outdid CD

so there is only one guy taking a decade to make an album...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
-D- wrote:

I can answer that question easily

Slash and Axl are the most famous members of GNR

Slash left got all the love, Axl got all the blame and hate

People love Slash, they love to hate Axl and Axl blames that on Slash and the fact he used his good guy rep to bury Axl and make him look like a clown.

The other guys aren't famous enough to do that.

I do find it funny that Axl said about the collaborations he'd be stuck with it and the blame..

haha

Izzyrecords like 10 albums a day

Duff put a brand new band together and they recorded their debut album in like 6 months or less and still outdid CD

so there is only one guy taking a decade to make an album...

what question?

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

i think thats a throwaway comment regarding izzy and duff. since both these guys are well respected by the fans it wouldnt be smart alienating anymore of what is left of the fan base.

Sky Dog wrote:

The Ballad of Axl and Slash (aka Idiot Wind by Bob Dylan)

Someone's got it in for me, they're planting stories in the press
Whoever it is I wish they'd cut it out but when they will I can only guess.
They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy,
She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me.
I can't help it if I'm lucky.

People see me all the time and they just can't remember how to act
Their minds are filled with big ideas, images and distorted facts.
Even you, yesterday you had to ask me where it was at,
I couldn't believe after all these years, you didn't know me better than that
Sweet lady.

Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your mouth,
Blowing down the backroads headin' south.
Idiot wind, blowing every time you move your teeth,
You're an idiot, babe.
It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe.

I ran into the fortune-teller, who said beware of lightning that might strike
I haven't known peace and quiet for so long I can't remember what it's like.
There's a lone soldier on the cross, smoke pourin' out of a boxcar door,
You didn't know it, you didn't think it could be done, in the final end he won the wars
After losin' every battle.

I woke up on the roadside, daydreamin' 'bout the way things sometimes are
Visions of your chestnut mare shoot through my head and are makin' me see stars.
You hurt the ones that I love best and cover up the truth with lies.
One day you'll be in the ditch, flies buzzin' around your eyes,
Blood on your saddle.

Idiot wind, blowing through the flowers on your tomb,
Blowing through the curtains in your room.
You're an idiot, babe.

It was gravity which pulled us down and destiny which broke us apart
You tamed the lion in my cage but it just wasn't enough to change my heart.
Now everything's a little upside down, as a matter of fact the wheels have stopped,
What's good is bad, what's bad is good, you'll find out when you reach the top
You're on the bottom.

I noticed at the ceremony, your corrupt ways had finally made you blind
I can't remember your face anymore, your mouth has changed, your eyes
don't look into mine.
The priest wore black on the seventh day and sat stone-faced while the building
burned.
I waited for you on the running boards, near the cypress trees, while the springtime
turned Slowly into autumn.

Idiot wind, blowing like a circle around my skull,
From the Grand Coulee Dam to the Capitol.
You're an idiot, babe.

I can't feel you anymore, I can't even touch the books you've read
Every time I crawl past your door, I been wishin' I was somebody else instead.
Down the highway, down the tracks, down the road to ecstasy,
I followed you beneath the stars, hounded by your memory
And all your ragin' glory.

I been double-crossed now for the very last time and now I'm finally free,
I kissed goodbye the howling beast on the borderline which separated you from me.
You'll never know the hurt I suffered nor the pain I rise above,
And I'll never know the same about you, your holiness or your kind of love,
And it makes me feel so sorry.

Idiot wind, blowing through the buttons of our coats,
Blowing through the letters that we wrote.
Idiot wind, blowing through the dust upon our shelves,
We're idiots, babe.
It's a wonder we can even feed ourselves. 15

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
war wrote:

intercourse - you point out all of the things that slash did to axl and compare their similarities to the things izzy, matt, and duff have done. you then combine that with the fact that axl said he he would reunite with all of them except slash and some how come up with an opinion that axl has unfairly singled out slash and doesn't want him accepting due credit for past work because he is no longer in gnr???

hey it's no worse or better than any other theory out there. Despite two long and rambling responses to fan and journo questions Axl still did not exactly define what the problem was that set Slash apart from the rest. I'm just pointing out that Duff, Izzy and Matt left the band, slated and sued Axl yet they seem to get off lighter.. I mean what more could Slash have done than the others bar physically hurt the guy? So the driver must be something else...

war wrote:

we know about 1 percent of what went on behind the scenes when the original gnr walked the earth

oh I don't know.. there have been books and interviews galore to choose from, all with a similar theme. Even if you take Slash & Matt out of this argument as they seem to incite rage in the die hard Axl worshippers; look at what Izzy, Duff & Niven said..then compare it to what Axl said. There's a whole lot of pointed statements on one side that have a recurring theme and a whole lot of quasi-legal waffle on the other that says not much of anything.

war wrote:

so unlikely theories, like jealousy or discontent (with slash's success or due credit)  puts an unsavory and baseless label on axl's head and seems kinda irresponsible to me.

I think these theories seem unlikely to you. As I have pointed out I am trying to retrospectively  differentiate what Slash did from the rest that is so bad and since I cannot and the interviews I have read do not, I can only assume this is a battle of hearts and minds here and nothing more and Axl is not happy that Slash is winning.

I don't see what's 'irresponsible' about that. It's just my take on things as I see them.

Got any better ideas? I thought that's what a forum is for...?:peace:

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I think Slash's continued success and respected position in modern music and media
I

Thats a joke, right? Continued success?

Besides Gn'R, Slash had no success with anyting he's done, except maybe contraband.

Libertad flopped and sucked, and snakepit wasnt great. Paulina rubio, marta sanchez, etc didnt help at all to him being respected. I remember being teased by friends when that fucking song with paulina rubio came out, its embarrasing.

Hes only respected cause of his work in gnr, other than that, except contraband, nobody cared what he did.

Axl is being made a joke by the media, slash is becoming one on his own merits.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe axls vehmenence comes from the the fact that everyone seemed to take slash side, and that slash never did anything to change peopel perceptions....maybe axl is aknowledging that it was a two way street that caused the breakup and he is bitter that slash seemed content to throw all the blame on Axl's shoulders

Board footer