You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

tokyo was awful in every way....

first off... sold separately..when that came out.. i had a job making $50 a week.. and up in the sticks the only place i could find it was at some mom and pop store for $27.99 a piece (on VHS).... but it was gnr.. i HAD to get it...

i bring it home and UGH...

why tokyo????
the crowd was awful... axl's voice was shot..... there were a few bright spots.. but to have that show as the definitive slice of that time period is LAME.
the paris show should have been released on DVD.. i mean.. c'mon...
the PPV production value... the setlist.. the guests... axl was in top form.. he had the captain caveman beard...the Beatty rant aside.. what would have been so terrible about that...? Realease it now ferrchrissakes... have the "it's so easy" vid as an extra... along with the 88 ritz show... ok.. now i'm rambling...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Some people are way too quick to make excuses for Axl.  Don't bother, he has plenty of his own and doesn't need or want your help.

In other words, nothing he can say or do will ever convince you of his argument.

Axl's fighting to win a fixed game.

People like you, the media, and Slash fans enjoy making him out to be the bad guy, because it's EASY. Face it. Just like when VR soured, Slash fans immediately blamed Weiland. It's day old. Seems to me he's a bitch guitarist that runs off vocalists, not the other way around. Robin is not out of GN'R and has been with the band for a decade, as has Tommy, and Richard Fortus has been with the band for 8. So apparently it ain't a 'guitarist' thang.

If anything I believe Axl more now, than ever, based solely on the fact he looks like a lunatic dumbass, and continues to plead his case. That's a man with conviction.

Unlike - 21 or any of the other former members, who's stories have been widely inconsistent over the years, unlike Axl who's stuck by his argument since the beginning.

Oh and your comment about how 'he doesn't want your help'... not true... a man who doesn't give a fuck, doesn't bother to plead his case. He wants someone to believe him. Some do. Some don't.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There may be inconsistencies with what the others have said, but at the end of the day, they all point the finger at one guy - some more forcefully than others, but still pointed at the same guy.  So you think Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, and every manager that's spoken about their experience in GnR is wrong and Axl is right?  I'm going to have to go with the majority on this one until PROVEN otherwise.

Axl has been consistent because all he's ever said is "I hate Slash for what he keeps doing to me" or "it wasn't my fault, it's (insert name here)'s fault" - it's pretty easy to be consistent if that's all you have to say.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

first off... sold separately..when that came out.. i had a job making $50 a week.. and up in the sticks the only place i could find it was at some mom and pop store for $27.99 a piece (on VHS).... but it was gnr.. i HAD to get it...

why tokyo????
the crowd was awful... axl's voice was shot..... there were a few bright spots.. but to have that show as the definitive slice of that time period is LAME.
the PPV production value... the setlist.. the guests... axl was in top form.. he had the captain caveman beard...the Beatty rant aside.. what would have been so terrible about that...? Realease it now ferrchrissakes... have the "it's so easy" vid as an extra... along with the 88 ritz show... ok.. now i'm rambling...

yeah paris was great....i still have that on VHS from the day it happened on PPV...the st louis show woulda been a good one...even though it's not a complete gig, but still it woulda been a perfect way to show the world the GnR attitude...but i suspect that flaunting the incident would not have been good for axls court appearances 16

and i agree with your assessment of Tokyo vhs's tyler...i was the exact same way when i saw it/bought it/watched it 4

the indiana gig with shannon hoon woulda been a great one to release too...or the marathon LA gig

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There may be inconsistencies with what the others have said, but at the end of the day, they all point the finger at one guy - some more forcefully than others, but still pointed at the same guy.  So you think Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, and every manager that's spoken about their experience in GnR is wrong and Axl is right?  I'm going to have to go with the majority on this one until PROVEN otherwise.

Axl has been consistent because all he's ever said is "I hate Slash for what he keeps doing to me" or "it wasn't my fault, it's (insert name here)'s fault" - it's pretty easy to be consistent if that's all you have to say.

Fair enough.

But sometimes the truth is all you have to say. And because it's not sexy, not sensational, not a headline, people LIKE to believe the lie, because it's more interesting and entertaining.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

actually when you mashup Axl's story and Slash's story you can kinda see a fuzzy outline of truth.....put in the situation in dealing with a bunch of junkies and drunks what would Brian Boitano do? and put in a situation when someone was telling you how everything had to be then what would you do? in the end Axl and Slash were totally different from each other it was doomed to fail even though together they had the midas touch

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

why tokyo????

yeah paris was great....i still have that on VHS from the day it happened on PPV...the st louis show woulda been a good one...even though it's not a complete gig, but still it woulda been a perfect way to show the world the GnR attitude...but i suspect that flaunting the incident would not have been good for axls court appearances 16

and i agree with your assessment of Tokyo vhs's tyler...i was the exact same way when i saw it/bought it/watched it 4

the indiana gig with shannon hoon woulda been a great one to release too...or the marathon LA gig

That St Louis show rocked. You take away the riot, and that was setting up to be a fantastic show. They had their 'A' game that night.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

perfect crime from st louis is one of the best song performances i've seen from the band period 11

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

and lets not forget doubletalkinjive from that gig

[youtube]miauSf0t2Uw&feature=related[/youtube]

Board footer