You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Former GN'R Manager Alan Niven Counters Axl's Claims

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

you are correct, neemo, but we were debating riffs and solos.

right...there are really no riffs in BoB...the solos are done by izzy and slash...cuz they are lead guitarists on the track...but they get no writing credits cuz they didnt come up with the basic song structure

and so we come full circle

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axlin, please elaborote which famous GN'R riffs and solos were written by Izzy without Slash. Besides YCBM.

back of bitch

Izzy didn't write a note in that song. Paul Tobias did.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

You are talking nonsense about the music all the time. I really don't know if you do not hear it, or you're full of Slash-hatred. Anyway, good for you, live in your fantasy world.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

you are correct, neemo, but we were debating riffs and solos.

right...there are really no riffs in BoB...the solos are done by izzy and slash...cuz they are lead guitarists on the track...but they get no writing credits cuz they didnt come up with the basic song structure

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

back of bitch

ok then .... one ... back off bitch isnt a famous song by any stretch ... two ... according to the GnR method of determining writing credits....izzy and slash didnt write back off bitch cuz solos and riffs dont count as writing credits..see NR and Estranged

war

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You are talking nonsense about the music all the time. I really don't know if you do not hear it, or you're full of Slash-hatred. Anyway, good for you, live in your fantasy world.

wierd

i don't hate slash nor did i ever say anything of the sort

war

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Mikkamakka wrote:

ok then .... one ... back off bitch isnt a famous song by any stretch ... two ... according to the GnR method of determining writing credits....izzy and slash didnt write back off bitch cuz solos and riffs dont count as writing credits..see NR and Estranged

one - that is an insignificant detail at this juncture of the discussion, since the person i was talking to (mikkamakka) wasn't arguing the popularity of the song but the notion that paul tobias wrote the solo.

don't you agree?

two - i repeat: i'm not talking about songwriting credits. i answered mikka's question about solos and riffs.

war

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

the sad part is you were wrong but instead of a concession or apology i got an insult

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

1. Neither Back Off Bitch nor its solo is famous.
2. You cited only ONE and a really BAD example.
3. Then you're waiting for an apology.

Alright. I apologize, I didn't want to hurt you. But I really think you are extremely wrong.

Anyway, the whole debate started with this comment:

Axlin08 wrote:

Izzy created alot of those 'stand the test of time' riffs... but anyways...

Which is simply untrue. He created some, mostly TOGETHER with Slash, or Slash wrote it himself. Iz wrote some alone. Izzy, I love the guy, he has a lot of writing credits, but acting like You ain't the first or Think about You would equal Coma, SCOM or Locomotive is ridiculous. Izzy was a vital part, an important creator and an awesome, genuine guitarist, but I have enough of the 'Axl and Izzy were GN'R' bullshit.

war

war wrote:

you can't ask for any example and then call it a bad example when someone successfully comes up with one.

how am i wrong? izzy came up with the bob solo.
i don't want an apology either but one would have been appropriate in leu of that completely false rhetoric you threw at me earlier.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

you can't ask for any example and then call it a bad example when someone successfully comes up with one.

how am i wrong? izzy came up with the bob solo.
i don't want an apology either but one would have been appropriate in leu of that completely false rhetoric you threw at me earlier.

but the point is that you came up with a bad example and he apologised so you would drop it yet you are persisting 16

mikka never said anythign about izzy not playing on the song...of course he plays on it its listed in the credits....mikka was saying that its not an izzy or slash song

so back to the initial question by mikka

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axlin, please elaborote which famous GN'R riffs and solos were written by Izzy without Slash. Besides YCBM.

back of bitch

which FAMOUS riffs and solos were done by IZZY WITHOUT SLASH

and you said back off bitch...firstly the song writing is credited to Tobias not Izzy second they both do solos on the track thirdly its not a famous gnr track so again your point doesnt hold any weiight cuz it doesnt answer Mikka's question

finally mikka's question was only rhetorical cuz everythigng thing famoust written when izzy and slash were in the band were touched by the hands of both

to get a semi famous song written by Izzy but not touched by Slash's guitar you'd have to search The Ju Ju Hounds album..but then again those are GNR tracks tongue

Sky Dog wrote:

I believe the first solo in Nightrain is Izzy....he did it live at Hammerstein...very cool. I can't remember if he did it back in the day. Brownstone is an Izzy main riff as well. Anyhow, silly argument as the original band, to me, was equal part Slash-Axl-Izzy with a nice Duff seasoning. Sorry, D, Adler could have been any number of LA junkie drummers at the time. He added nothing in my opinion, and I don't care what Izzy said about the "swing" thing. Adler was a joke. The swing and the rock was brought by the other four. Mr Adler was just in the right place at the right time.:smile:

Board footer