You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Former GN'R Manager Alan Niven Counters Axl's Claims

Sky Dog wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

you can't ask for any example and then call it a bad example when someone successfully comes up with one.

how am i wrong? izzy came up with the bob solo.
i don't want an apology either but one would have been appropriate in leu of that completely false rhetoric you threw at me earlier.

but the point is that you came up with a bad example and he apologised so you would drop it yet you are persisting 16

mikka never said anythign about izzy not playing on the song...of course he plays on it its listed in the credits....mikka was saying that its not an izzy or slash song

so back to the initial question by mikka

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axlin, please elaborote which famous GN'R riffs and solos were written by Izzy without Slash. Besides YCBM.

back of bitch

which FAMOUS riffs and solos were done by IZZY WITHOUT SLASH

and you said back off bitch...firstly the song writing is credited to Tobias not Izzy second they both do solos on the track thirdly its not a famous gnr track so again your point doesnt hold any weiight cuz it doesnt answer Mikka's question

finally mikka's question was only rhetorical cuz everythigng thing famoust written when izzy and slash were in the band were touched by the hands of both

to get a semi famous song written by Izzy but not touched by Slash's guitar you'd have to search The Ju Ju Hounds album..but then again those are GNR tracks tongue

and no Izzy/Ju Ju Hounds songs are remotely famous outside of Shuffle It All off his first record in 92. Man, me and my boys loved that track back then...those were the days. Clarence Foster's...hammered...bartender loves Izzy and the Stones...alot of nice, drunk Southern ladies...:beer:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Anyhow, silly argument as the original band, to me, was equal part Slash-Axl-Izzy with a nice Duff seasoning. Sorry, D, Adler could have been any number of LA junkie drummers at the time. He added nothing in my opinion, and I don't care what Izzy said about the "swing" thing. Adler was a joke. The swing and the rock was brought by the other four. Mr Adler was just in the right place at the right time.

^I was gonna say that in the other thread but i felt obliged to include steven..ive always been more partial to sorum...dispite the majority's opinion on the man

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Steven is Steven. There was nothing extraordinary about the guy, but he did fit their orginal sound back then. Matt would not have been right for AFD. It would be like Gilby taking Izzy's part on AFD. Shit just wouldn't have worked. Steven was the right guy for that moment, that album. So he was important to that dynamic.

But Matt was the perfect guy for the UYI albums. Not Steven.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

1. Neither Back Off Bitch nor its solo is famous.
2. You cited only ONE and a really BAD example.
3. Then you're waiting for an apology.

Alright. I apologize, I didn't want to hurt you. But I really think you are extremely wrong.

Anyway, the whole debate started with this comment:

Axlin08 wrote:

Izzy created alot of those 'stand the test of time' riffs... but anyways...

Which is simply untrue. He created some, mostly TOGETHER with Slash, or Slash wrote it himself. Iz wrote some alone. Izzy, I love the guy, he has a lot of writing credits, but acting like You ain't the first or Think about You would equal Coma, SCOM or Locomotive is ridiculous. Izzy was a vital part, an important creator and an awesome, genuine guitarist, but I have enough of the 'Axl and Izzy were GN'R' bullshit.

And i've had enough of the GNR's music is nothing without Slash.

No, it's nothing without Izzy. Izzy made BOTH Axl & Slash look good.

AtariLegend wrote:

Since I'm probably the only one who bought this "Classic Rock" issue in the shops weeks ago...

Near the start their's an interview with Zakk Wylde which I don't think anyone posted..?

Anyway he calls Axl a BLS brother and that he was awesome to work with. And basically that he'd rather work with Axl Rose than someone who didn't give a fuck.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Pretty high compliments.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Tracii Guns wrote all the best Guns riffs.

L.A. Guns, that is.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

which FAMOUS riffs and solos were done by IZZY WITHOUT SLASH

and you said back off bitch...firstly the song writing is credited to Tobias not Izzy second they both do solos on the track thirdly its not a famous gnr track so again your point doesnt hold any weiight cuz it doesnt answer Mikka's question

finally mikka's question was only rhetorical cuz everythigng thing famoust written when izzy and slash were in the band were touched by the hands of both

to get a semi famous song written by Izzy but not touched by Slash's guitar you'd have to search The Ju Ju Hounds album..but then again those are GNR tracks tongue

neemo - good god
and you say i'm persisiting?

1.) FAMOUS - i'll give you that one but i could make the case that "famous" is subjective and if only one person likes the song izzy deserves credit for his contribution. certainly in an open forum where the thread has strayed from alan niven..........to this, it was an appropriate addition to the discussion.

at that point nobody was debating or arguing it was simply me pointing out what nobody else had yet considered that was both relevant and true.

2.) RIFF OR SOLO - not sure the confusion here but we know izzy came up with bob intro solo.

3.) WITHOUT SLASH - how often do 2 guitarists write one solo together?
unless you can find proof otherwise, it is most likley that he came up with the solo by himself.

so i still got ya for 2/3 since we are apparently keeping score.
and that's 1 against 2, also. 9

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont think Alan Niven came across as a douche at all, nor did I see him claiming to be the main force behind the band. He countered Axl claim explicitly that he was only looking to get a bumper pay day, the rest of the interview just seemed like reminiscing.
If he really wanted to ride the coat tails of GNR he would have giving hundreds on interviews over the years instead of one or two.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Not everybody is a media whore like Slash.  Just because Niven doesn't like talking to the press, doesn't mean he's a truth teller.

His argument was WEAK.

Board footer