You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

Olorin wrote:

While he is in the mood for dishing the dirt I hope he explains the aborted 2001 and 2002 tours big_smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah, Izzy worked with VR for free and wanted to join the band and be the frontman YET with Axl, he has to make them give him a contract.

Everybody wants to play with Slash and he is somehow the bad guy?

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

You get a simple answer in regards to anything CD related, and a 100 page thesis when anything from the past gets mentioned.

LOL.  Too true.

I have always wondered for years if parts of that '10,000+(?)' word essay that Axl supposedly had about Slash, the break up of the old band, etc. (the one that got pulled from that magazine at the last moment or something), was coming to suffice - albeit in nuggets(?) - in interviews like this; the mammoth 'homework' post from mygnr last year, the grandoise statement he put out at the end of 2002, etc..

Favorite part of the interview is where he puts the 3 to 4 albums of material in the vault bullshit to rest. That went on way too long and he should have cleared the air on that years ago. Now we know to only hope for one more album from that time frame, and to not expect it anytime soon.

The only anomaly here is the ANTIQUIET guys claiming that their 'source' - that proved correct on CD (as it was of course released!), claimed that Iovine held in his position 'three or four' albums worth of material.  In fact, didn't some 'supposed insider' say something else like that recently - that Axl/GN'R had no control over the music and Geffen/the record company could now release it all if they wanted to?:o

That scenario would suck, in my honest view.  So what Axl has said might be good news.  I have no reason not to believe him.

AR

Sky Dog wrote:

yeah, it would suck to have more music with Axl singing on it....with Axl in "control" you may never ever hear a note of that other music.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

"bit meaner in places and darker in some"

Release that and let the music speak.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Poor insignificant Robert John just got humiliated as well. I think Axl is working through A list of "detractors" with these online rants.

I dont know what that guy done but Axl and del using this platform to attack him is low down dirty imo.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

Then, you had the Tommy mindblowing and earth shattering quotes from 2003/2004.

He was probably right - given that era was the peak of Buckethead's influence - if not a 'Buckethead album' - before Bumble (though again I liked his parts on the final product), Frank and others got introduced, 'The Blues' got 'punched in the face' and became 'Street of Dreams', etc..  (In short, the evident 'toning down' that has happened to the project, the band, etc., since Buckethead left.  Or perhaps I should say the natural toning down.:rolleyes:)

Hilarious - if you join the dots - how Tommy can say that given the evident direction at that particular moment in time, after his 'nothing under it [Bucket's bucket]' comments....:rolleyes:

Those supposed 1999 sessions still hold some interest for me, especially songs like 'CD', 'Scraped', and 'Better'.

BTW - we are still hearing hype for the unheard material: i.e.: the guy who said that the '99 'Chinese Democracy' (song) would 'blow us away' (who was that now?).  So, it is still going on, in retrospect.  And, when you look at the musicians who came through the door (Buckethead, Brian May, Moby, Thomas Baker, and many others) and were left off the tracks, there may be some justification for it.

AR

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Poor insignificant Robert John just got humiliated as well. I think Axl is working through A list of "detractors" with these online rants.

I dont know what that guy done but Axl and del using this platform to attack him is low down dirty imo.

that guy Robert John done sued Axl as well....:haha:

Sky Dog wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

Then, you had the Tommy mindblowing and earth shattering quotes from 2003/2004.

He was probably right - given that era was the peak of Buckethead's influence - if not a 'Buckethead album' - before Bumble (though again I liked his parts on the final product), Frank and others got introduced, 'The Blues' got 'punched in the face' and became 'Street of Dreams', etc..  (In short, the evident 'toning down' that has happened to the project, the band, etc., since Buckethead left.  Or perhaps I should say the natural toning down.:rolleyes:)

Hilarious - if you join the dots - how Tommy can say that given the evident direction at that particular moment in time, after his 'nothing under it [Bucket's bucket]' comments....:rolleyes:

Those supposed 1999 sessions still hold some interest for me, especially songs like 'CD', 'Scraped', and 'Better'.

BTW - we are still hearing hype for the unheard material: i.e.: the guy who said that the '99 'Chinese Democracy' (song) would 'blow us away' (who was that now?).  So, it is still going on, in retrospect.  And, when you look at the musicians who came through the door (Buckethead, Brian May, Moby, Thomas Baker, and many others) and were left off the tracks, there may be some justification for it.

AR

nobody ever said the 99 CD (song) would blow us away.....Scraped and Better were 100% not around in 99....:rolleyes:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, CD II is likely to be CD wrapped in a different package. While CD didn't make me blow my load, I look forward to a similar album. Some very interesting ideas in most of those tracks, just with poor execution in parts although that can be blamed on too much tinkering. Axl is a great songwriter when he wants to be, and that 2001 line up could deliver the goods. Him saying the 2nd album is much "darker" almost makes me drool.

i think if they manage to release it before we get peacemeal "demo" leaks then the reception will be much different...i'm gonna think long and hard before downloading leaks this time

Board footer