You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

jimmythegent wrote:
russtcb wrote:
madagas wrote:

true...the guy is definitely a tough one to understand.

I'm thinking otherwise more and more. I believe the idea is to "create a persona" like somehow making him more interesting than he actually is.

great post 5

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i still beleieve all that is void and axl/gnr and the label are where they want to be.

best buy is the one that got screwed and axl/gnr are holding off on interviews, live shows, etc. til the 6 month exclusive is over. that's just smart business, really, unethical, but smart.

they do have to be careful about how they go about it. hence all the contradictions from different members regarding tours and videos. that's why there's brain talking about a summer tour, beta almost saying 'no, and axl in the middle saying the most while saying very little at all.  for the same reasons there is a better video but it hasn't been released. axl promised best buy a video, it'll probably surface the final day of the 6th month. until then we get no real explanations .

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

So much for "integrity".

Jeez.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

If it was to be re-started, with new artwork and monumental promotion, when would that be?
They held off all last year to wait until the Christmas shopping season because they were worried about getting the best return on an album with so much money tied up in it. I cant see a mid year re-release happening, if anything does I think it will be November again.

Recent reports like this dont help the cause:

"And for those keeping score, Guns N' Roses' disappointing comeback album, Chinese Democracy, sank to its lowest position to date, #137, with just 4,000 new sales, as the 13-plus-years-in-the-making CD appears to have stalled out just above the half-million-in-sales mark. "
MTV.com

Its a thankless task trying to reinvigorate an album that the public perception of as an expensive turkey is growing every day. Its not easy to change the masses minds once they get something into their head, as Axl should know.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Hey Axlin,
I like this place alot and I don't generally try to piss people off but I do tend to run over this whole thing in my mind and the fact remains tha the only people who have spend ALL their time with Axl since the demise of GNR I are Beta, Fernando and Del.
Their influence CANNOT be ignored. When they became central to his life the rest of things went down the can.
If people want to say I don't know them so I should say these things then we may as well shut down this forum now. None of us know - but hey, its a hobby to speculate!!

AtariLegend wrote:
jarmo wrote:

I was asked to get some questions together for the band members.

That's where you come into the picture.

Some simple rules:

Please post your questions to the band here in this thread. Brain, Chris, Dizzy, Frank, Richard, Ron and/or Tommy.

If your question is aimed at a particular member(s), please specify so that it's clear who it's aimed at.

Also note that no questions about Robin will be answered. So please skip those questions if you have them.

Also, it would be cool of you to only post once in this thread to give everybody a fair chance.

Thank you.

/jarmo

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … ;topicseen

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Why cant Ron and Tommy be asked a question?

Did Ron ever reply to the questions here?

AtariLegend wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Why cant Ron and Tommy be asked a question?

You should ask Ron when Buckethead is coming back.

I chose unfortunately to go the non-ban route.

...And sadly asked the most pointless question possible.

Board footer