You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

Smoking Guns wrote:
-D- wrote:

In Axl's defense. GNR did sell rather well in Big Markets

what got GNR in trouble was playing bumbfucked Egypt mid west USA.

I think they could do well in Giants Stadium, Gillette Stadium in Boston and maybe something out in LA.

Sold better, but equally hated among casual fans.  Whoever is not on these forums, especially with the economic state, would not be very likely to even think about attending.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have visions of Spinal Tap when they think they are bigger than they really are, or when they lower Stone Henge (sp) on the stage, the mini version... HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They need to be promoting this NOW!!!!!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also thought about resurrecting an idea we ALL had back in like December, and we all talked about it at length.

After all this time, interesting the rumors of Best Buy contracts, clearing of the debt, silent Axl... and suddenly there's rumors of a summer tour, a stadium one no less, right at just about time Azoff enjoys putting out re-releases.

Like has been speculated before, what if the plan all along was to use BB to clear the debt, re-release CD everywhere with maybe a bonus disc as a 2-CD album like The Eagles did Eden, and start a massive promotion in the summer, the real promotion for CD, with Axl's vision for the album, and not the "rushed" version.

In the GN'R world, this actually makes sense... but still not enough for a stadium tour. Under that theory, there would still have to be secrets revealed.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I also thought about resurrecting an idea we ALL had back in like December, and we all talked about it at length.

After all this time, interesting the rumors of Best Buy contracts, clearing of the debt, silent Axl... and suddenly there's rumors of a summer tour, a stadium one no less, right at just about time Azoff enjoys putting out re-releases.

Like has been speculated before, what if the plan all along was to use BB to clear the debt, re-release CD everywhere with maybe a bonus disc as a 2-CD album like The Eagles did Eden, and start a massive promotion in the summer, the real promotion for CD, with Axl's vision for the album, and not the "rushed" version.

In the GN'R world, this actually makes sense... but still not enough for a stadium tour. Under that theory, there would still have to be secrets revealed.

That does all make sense.  Sucks for Best Buy though if that is the case.  Axl seemed pleased with their efforts so it doesn't seem like it's an intended slight at them, but so far the band hasn't really helped Best Buy push the album out their doors.  Didn't they request a video awhile back?  Where is that thing?  Maybe the promo for the summer will start in Best Buy's last month of the exclusive in May, if the 6 month exclusive is legit.  Give them one solid month.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The Slash thing is a cover if a stadium tour is in the works.

Even a reunited Guns, would need a Metallica, to do a stadium tour imo.

Reunited GNR would work.  I agree with your other comments, no way in hell can they do a stadium tour of more than 7 cities tops.  The promo with the ORIGINAL badboys from Hollywood would fucking own.  Is this just Axl thinking he is something he is not again?

Axl could think anything he wants about himself, which I dont think is the case. It wouldn't matter, with Azoff involved. They wont take on anything that is way above their heads.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The Slash thing is a cover if a stadium tour is in the works.

Even a reunited Guns, would need a Metallica, to do a stadium tour imo.

Reunited GNR would work.  I agree with your other comments, no way in hell can they do a stadium tour of more than 7 cities tops.  The promo with the ORIGINAL badboys from Hollywood would fucking own.  Is this just Axl thinking he is something he is not again?

Axl could think anything he wants about himself, which I dont think is the case. It wouldn't matter, with Azoff involved. They wont take on anything that is way above their heads.

I agree, even if Axl thinks he can still sell out stadiums on his own, I think Azoff is smart enough to talk him down from that.  Sure Axl could fire him, but wouldn't he get fired anyway if a stadium tour failed miserably?  Don't think Irving would want to tarnish his image with that.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I figured it out.  This was announced to gauge interest among us to see if it would work.  Though a stupid idea because we are the base and you must assume we would be there.  During the last tour we were pumped, but the rest of the country wasn't.  If this tour happens, the base is less pumped now than before.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Nothing about this idea makes any sense whatsoever to me.

Its equal in stupidity to VR announcing a stadium tour....  And they don't even have a singer.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Azoff is a smart guy. I just don't understand this. I'd hate to see GNR embarrassed again.

Board footer