You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

Axlin16 wrote:

GN'R won't be embarrassed. They've said it before, we don't know everything, and I think that more than anything right now.

Irving Azoff sending out new Guns on a stadium tour, would be the equivalent of Azoff taking an ice pick, and jamming it through the skull of his career.

Short of a reunion, the only way I see new Guns out there, is if this "stadium tour", is in fact Guns running around OPENING for U2.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

well there is no conceivable way that the current incarnation of this 'band' can headline stadiums, so it must either be an opening slot or a festival of sorts

no need to bullshit your own fanbase mind - the emporer has no clothes and that has been apparent for some time now

I think that it'll work well in Europe and Asia.

But they'll have to do some serious work for it to work in the US.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I hope they're an opening act for U2, or something.

I tried looking at HTGTH just now but my eyes burned. I don't get jarmo's comment being anything more than snide. Nothing big.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ozzfest? cruefest? nin/janes addiction tour? u2?

can we see axl going on before 11:00pm? if hes gonna open then hes gotta be on time

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Thats because the original poster wrote "Who would you like to see as the headlining and opening act on the next tour? "

Jarmo sarcasticly replied, "Where do you see GN'R fit in on the bill if they're not the headliner?"

The op had got his title a little messed up and edited it after realising his mistake.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

There must be a masterplan, co-headlining tour, its just not possible to fill stadiums on Axl Rose's name alone. I wasnt actually expecting him to manage to selling out the uk arenas like last time. Even if they play a one off gig London, it might sell well, but I doubt I'll go because the travelling expenses and accomodation will be out of my range this year.

Is a co-headlining tour viable given how much more expensive the tickets will be?
Mabye they could sell out stadiums if they do a "Sorry We're Late" world tour with cheaply priced tickets that everyone can afford.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

There must be a masterplan, co-headlining tour, its just not possible to fill stadiums on Axl Rose's name alone. I wasnt actually expecting him to manage to selling out the uk arenas like last time. Even if they play a one off gig London, it might sell well, but I doubt I'll go because the travelling expenses and accomodation will be out of my range this year.

Is a co-headlining tour viable given how much more expensive the tickets will be?
Mabye they could sell out stadiums if they do a "Sorry We're Late" world tour with cheaply priced tickets that everyone can afford.

I think the tickets would have to be reasonably priced AND have support from established bands for this to work.  But as has been said.  I don't think Azoff would go through with any plan that he didn't think would work.  The guy knows what he's doing, so I'm trusting there's a lot of exciting news that we don't know right now.

Board footer