You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

buzzsaw wrote:

I saw VH with Shinedown - it was a good show except there was no Hot for Teacher.

Sky Dog wrote:

Here is the setlist for the show I went to in Atlanta...in 1984!

Unchained * Hot For Teacher * Alex's Solo * On Fire * Runnin' With the Devil * Little Guitars * Cathedral * House of Pain * Mike's Solo * Jamie's Cryin' * I'll Wait * Dave's Tai Chi Solo * Everybody Wants Some!! * Girl Gone Bad * 1984 * Jump * Ed's Solo * (Oh) Pretty Woman * Panama * You Really Got Me * Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love * Happy Trails

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Unchained * Hot For Teacher * Alex's Solo * On Fire * Runnin' With the Devil * Little Guitars * Cathedral * House of Pain * Mike's Solo * Jamie's Cryin' * I'll Wait * Dave's Tai Chi Solo * Everybody Wants Some!! * Girl Gone Bad * 1984 * Jump * Ed's Solo * (Oh) Pretty Woman * Panama * You Really Got Me * Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love * Happy Trails

Add Drop Dead Legs and you couldn't ask for anything more.....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

Add Drop Dead Legs and you couldn't ask for anything more.....

The ONLY disappointment for me at both 07 shows was no Drop Dead Legs.

This might sound lame as hell, but the exclusion of that track played a huge role in me not buying tickets to their Arco show.

Wavered on going until days before the show and basically said, "Fuck it. If they wont play my favorite song, why bother?"

No Michael Anthony played a role in that decision as well.

Would love to see Axl work this stage.....

http://360.u2.com/

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

the VH show in 2007 was one of the best i've ever seen.

but a set list that includes at least 4 or 5 classics from AFD will have no problem following anything. in fact the more i think about it, the more i realize how nicely these to shows could compliment each other.

and the more this rumor hangs around without it being labeled BS by anyone associated with Axl, the more i'm believing there are at least talks being conducted.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
sandman wrote:

the VH show in 2007 was one of the best i've ever seen.

but a set list that includes at least 4 or 5 classics from AFD will have no problem following anything. in fact the more i think about it, the more i realize how nicely these to shows could compliment each other.

and the more this rumor hangs around without it being labeled BS by anyone associated with Axl, the more i'm believing there are at least talks being conducted.

For what it's worth, over on a Van Halen message board www.vhlinks.com, one of their supposed "in the know" members said the tour has a 70/30 chance of happening.  That's not saying too much, but if that person is to be believed it's at least being talked about at this point.

Also, I thought I was alone in the lovefest for "Drop Dead Legs".  Never realized it was such a darkhorse.  I honestly don't remember hearing that song back in the day but I became quite fond of it when I heard it on Sirius a few years back.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Not sure about this, but I don't believe VH has ever played Drop Dead Legs live.

might want to try vhlinks.com to see.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks this would be an unmitigated disaster?

Axl, Eddie, Dave's ego in one building would warp the space-time continuum and end all life as we know it.

Ironically I was talking to a friend the other day, and mentioned the rumor, and told him the precise same thing.

She agreed too. Axl, Dave & Eddie sounds like an absolute disaster waiting to happen, especially when Dave & Eddie start treating Axl like they are 'underlings' to VH, which they are, and Axl gets all butt sore about it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
madagas wrote:

On a side note, maybe a Gnr/VH tour could lure Bucket in to the mix....I would imagine Bucket is a fan of Eddie. I like to see them go toe to toe.

You don't have to imagine. He is. Unless he covers artists he hates.

Board footer