You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Guns N Roses planning Summer '09 tour?

slashsfro wrote:

No Michael Anthony played a role in that decision as well.

James, I'm sure one of the main incentives for doing the tour with Roth was the opportunity to play on stage with his son, Wolfgang.  In that case, I take Diamond Dave and the VH family over Michael Anthony any day.  Eddie had been in poor health in the previous years and probably saw it as his chance to play with his son while he still could.  The prospect of a big payday didn't hurt as well.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
faldor wrote:
sandman wrote:

the VH show in 2007 was one of the best i've ever seen.

but a set list that includes at least 4 or 5 classics from AFD will have no problem following anything. in fact the more i think about it, the more i realize how nicely these to shows could compliment each other.

and the more this rumor hangs around without it being labeled BS by anyone associated with Axl, the more i'm believing there are at least talks being conducted.

For what it's worth, over on a Van Halen message board www.vhlinks.com, one of their supposed "in the know" members said the tour has a 70/30 chance of happening.  That's not saying too much, but if that person is to be believed it's at least being talked about at this point.

Also, I thought I was alone in the lovefest for "Drop Dead Legs".  Never realized it was such a darkhorse.  I honestly don't remember hearing that song back in the day but I became quite fond of it when I heard it on Sirius a few years back.

Dude I went over there and read a little bit on the GNR thread, and man there are a bunch of fucking assholes over there. Some were cool, but there were some just total douchebags.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah the VH fans over there are really ripping this idea a new asshole, and these are fans that know Eddie is a douche bag, and VH can't fill stadiums alone.

Pretty much the same attitude as Guns fans... the combining of the egos of Eddie, Dave & Axl are a disaster waiting to happen.

The irony of it all, is I bet 99.9999999999998% of all you mother fuckers will buy tix if this happens. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl today blows Diamond off the stage...guaranteed. I saw the 2006 show and left knowing Axl 2006 owned Dave and the new VH....easy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl blows just about anyone off the stage. That is one thing I have never doubted, nor will I ever... Axl Rose puts on an amazing performance, and when he wants to be out there, he gives it 120%.

Riki Rachtman said it best - "when Axl's on... he's one of the most amazing frontmen in the world".

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I couldnt care less, I know one Van Halen song "jump", and its pretty lame.

I think this would be a disaster unless VH go on first, but then GN'R would be playing to half empty stadiums, as half the VH fans go home although the other half might hang around to heckle.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That's not the best song to judge VH on.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Yeah, mabye I have heard more on classic rock radio, but because I dont know I wouldnt recognise any as being Van Halen.
Their not exactly a big band in the UK in the vein of GNR or Metallica, definently veiwed as an "American rock band" more than anything. First I heard of Eddie Van Halen was in Waynes World 14

Board footer