You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: DJ Ashba First Impressions

Sky Dog wrote:

or you could say this:

May 1st 1998 to today.....Axl

I am technically correct as he is the only legal member of the band. 16

"In the other May 1, 1998 amendment, see Hoffman Decl. Ex. A, Axl Rose agreed, among other things, to deliver that new studio LP (which was even then long overdue under the Recording Agreement) no later than March 1, 1999 and received a substantial advance from Geffen in return. Hence, although other individuals have joined Axl Rose in performing under the name Guns N' Roses since 1998, Rose is the only principal in the band."

Jesus Christ.

Guns N' Roses must be the only band in the world to have ever had that many amazing line-ups.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
war wrote:

the second album is not done though, according to axl
any worthy contributions from dj would be welcomed by me

They should just go on a long proper tour, then release the next album at the end of it. The last thing these sessions needed was more contributions.

if a re-release of cd with different versions and, more importantly, new songs is on the way i welcome it. if it is not complete as axl mentioned it was not, i welcome any worthy contributions from dj as long as it doesn't delay it. they need to wipe the slate clean with this old and dated material from the cd sessions and they need to do so before the tour.  i think i speak for the majority of fans when i say i'd rather have this than not at all.

as far as an album of all new music, not asssociated with chinese democracy. i agree that they should tour cd and then start recording from scratch afterward with a new album with one line-up. anything they can get done while on tour is a bonus.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Jesus Christ downliner. I just pushed GN'R down... you went all Jason Voorhees on 'em. lmao 14

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The productivity of most of the later lineups is quite poor....

bloodyhell81
 Rep: 2 

bloodyhell81 wrote:

looked him up on you tube, can play pretty well, could fit in really well. needs to lose the makeup not the 80's anymore.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

My cousin did go to school with him.  She sent me a message on Facebook before I even got a chance to ask her because she knows I'm a huge fan (or at least I was).

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Does she have a school year book picture of him with no make up?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Here is the response she sent me:

"I went thru grade, middle and high school with him.  Most of us have followed his career since he went to California.  He was back at Christmas time and we were able to get together for a semi class reunion.  He's a very down to earth guy with amazing talent.  I was surprised to hear he was going to GNR."

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Nice one! 
There seems to be whispers of rehearsals going on, but no tour dates have surfaced yet which is kinda strange. Surely the venues would have let slip something by now if any were booked. Its nearly April hmm

Board footer