You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Pearl Jam's Ten Reissued

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think a lot of people could scream 'selling-out' or 'cash grab' while reading this, but hey, I love bands that put out great music, even if it's only a different version of great albums. In the downloading age bands very depend on their hardcore fans. Pearl Jam is an older band now, they won't have the success of Ten or Vs. again, but it's a good way to please the fans and they can earn money. I wish even GN'R would take this road and release a lot of dvds and different outtakes.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This is cool... Ten is their only good album.

Yeah, I went there.

i dug vs as well.. and to a lesser extent vitalogy....
their last self titled record was pretty good....
i've always dug PJ.. i may be a closet hardcore fan... every time they came out with a new record i would buy it, listen and say "that's it! Fuck pearl jam"... then the next record would drop and i'd do it all over again...
i may save a few bucks from my tax refund and get the super deluxe edition. ten was one of "those" records for me.... plus the unplugged.. and the tape... holy shit that's awesome....
i think this is indicative of pearl jam's love for their fans... there are different sets with different levels of affordable-ness... and ALL of them are killer...
say what you will about their music after "ten".. but no one can deny that these guys "get it".....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Did anyone get this or hear anything?  I checked out a few songs on youtube but for the most part, they sounded alot the same to me. I was hoping for more drastic differences, but it seems they just chose different takes of the same chords & licks. Vocals have a few extra "Mhmmms" & yeahhhhhs" in it now & then.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is cool cos they've obviously spent a lot of time looking at what fans of the band will enjoy and creating a great package with it all in, i'd wet myself if GNR ever made a product like this.

I do worry about re-mixes in general though, its kinda messing with history, as the guy said - millions of people liked it the old way and its not what they remember - but doing it like this - with both versions is respectful and acceptable.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Any big changes in any of the songs Russ?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

chineseRevo11
 Rep: 0 

pretty sick

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

if i only had the fucking moolah in the budget for the deluxe version....
but the remix is PERFECT... and finally.... unplugged.. i remember watching that when it premiered and being blown away..... it still knocks my teeth in.

Board footer