You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Holy Crap, guess what i got?

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah its different for different folks...some people have more sensitve ears than others...but I do find if you plan to ever plug your ipod into a dock or a stereo or anything with normal speakers then setting a high bit rate will improve the quality drasticly.

It depends on useage I guess, like if u only ever listen while running or on a train where there is a lot of spill noise anyway then you might not mind loss, but if you listen just for pleasure at times, and get in the habbit of using the pod as a database for all your muisc then a higher rate is a good idea.

I personaly don't like anything below 256kps. Another option is to go lossless and use apple's lossless compression audio codec in itunes. this gives you full lossless CD quality sound like WAV but at smaller files sizes...(although still massive compared to mp3).

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah before now i;ve jsut been using windows media player

My god! Do you have no respect for music!!!! lol

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
mickronson wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah before now i;ve jsut been using windows media player

My god! Do you have no respect for music!!!! lol

is there a better one to use thats unlimited & free? not much of my music listening up to this point has been from mp3's so its been sufficient for me thus far

AtariLegend wrote:

^ Winiamp, lets you play Flac as well.

chineseRevo11
 Rep: 0 

its crazy how they are always evolving the ipod

Holy crap, Neemo - that's totally "hip" of you!

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

fuck the ipods, I got a ipod and is the most stupid experience for life, Steve Jobs play vinyls in home.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

2008 Intentions wrote:

fuck the ipods, I got a ipod and is the most stupid experience for life, Steve Jobs play vinyls in home.

Couldn't possibly be stupider than the way you worded that statement.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Neemo, Itunes works fine.  Its probably the best player to manage a big amount of MP3's. 

If you have a decent sized harddrive, make sure you set your rip quality to 320.  That way if you ever need to burn a cd, its already set in CD quality.

Board footer