You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Apocalypto - Only saw the second half but really enjoyed what I saw. Very compulsive viewing I wasn't intending to watch it but a couple of minutes in and I was hooked.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Changeling

Was really good. Pity John Malkovich didn't have more screen time though, the guys one of my favourite actors of all time.

Great!  I'm glad you enjoyed it as I watched this in the theater and thought it was a moving experience.  I loved the gray toned cinematography as well.  Any role which deviates Malkovich from his annoyed, sarcastic characters is good by me.  This is not meant as a criticism but he seems to get an awful lot of roles that have those characteristics.

Yeah, I can see were you're coming from, but it's the fact that he collaborated with Clint Eastwood again that got me excited about  seeing his performance in Changeling. He was fantastic in Eastwood's other movie "In The Line of Fire." They just don't make villians like that any more in movies.

But yeah, apparently Eastwood went against typecasting and decided to cast Malkovich as a good guy priest that's willing to stick up for the weak, because he felt it gave this type of character more depth, especially with a veteran actor such as Malkovich in the role.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah, I can see were you're coming from, but it's the fact that he collaborated with Clint Eastwood again that got me excited about  seeing his performance in Changeling. He was fantastic in Eastwood's other movie "In The Line of Fire." They just don't make villians like that any more in movies.

Since you brought this up, I might as well comment.  I love In the Line of Fire, I've seen it around eight times and each time I find something new.  The great part about Malkovich's role is that there is a multilayered complexity to it.  He is sympathetic to Frank (Clint's character) and his past, yet he is still extremely pissed off at the government.  I see his character as Frank's evil double.  I end up rooting for him at the end.  There's also that relationship with Clint and Rene Russo that's great.  One of my favorite scenes is when Clint plays this beautiful short piano piece in the middle of the film.  Good stuff.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Sweeney Todd : The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

Didn't realise it was a musical, damn good though. Need to watch it again as I missed the first 30 mins

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i saw twilight....it was pretty gay

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

sounds gay. why'd you watch it?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I watched Hellboy 1 and 2 last night for the first time.

They were ok, could have done with flushing out the characters a bit more, but still a good watch. I read a bit about the comic book Hellboy on wikipedia before watching them though, so I wasnt completely lost.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Flash of Genius

Took a while, but eventually got into it, and the last hour was pretty good.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i saw twilight....it was pretty gay

I should smite you.  16

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

A Perfect Storm. When your out of new films to watch and you reach into the back of the video cassette cupboard and grab the first thing you get, it doens't make for bad viewing.

Board footer