You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Rant Thread

Neemo wrote:

are you guys really complaining about losing weight?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Losing weight is a nightmare, its putting it on that you have all the fun.

I was never happier than being stoned and halfway through a packet of biscuits.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I started losing weight because I didn't want to be on cholesterol medication for the rest of my life and i'm not even out of my 20's.

AtariLegend wrote:

This is why this forum needs more chicks, so you guys don't have this conservation again.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think we need to revive the "Is it gay?" thread.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Doesn't anyone smoke pot? It doesn't make you gay.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but it makes you a hippie, which is worse.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Only west coast smokers are in danger of that side effect.

Neemo wrote:

are you guys really complaining about losing weight?

Well, not exactly.

It's more about people noticing while you don't.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So I get bored, allot.  Anyway,  I've decided that I'm going to buy a dog when I return to the world.  My dog is getting older and lives with my parents in Ohio and I think it's time to buy one of my own.  So i've been browsing animal shelters online.  Now I'm not one of those wackos who think evil incarnate takes form at Petland and other Petstores that sell pure breed dogs.  The way I look at it is that there are plenty of people willing to walk into a Pet Store and buy a cute beagle puppy, not so many are willing to walk to the animal shelter and adopt and abandoned mutt.  So rather than buy a popular puppy, why not save an animal is my line of thought.

Now I understand the idea of these Shelters doing a little screening to make sure that the person adopting the animal isn't some sick fuck who fucks animals, murders them or leaves them tied to a tree outside to fend for itself.  But some of these requests and expectations are fucking nuts.  Some of these shelters want to inspect your home, have you agree to let them "check-in" on you and your dog and basically run a full background check with a DNA sample and prostate exam.  There expectations are somewhat unrealistic.  Some of these places want you to agree to have someone home with the dog 24/7.  There is a big difference between leaving a dog by itself for days and going to work for 10 hours while the Dog stays at home.  It's like do you want these dogs to have a reasonable hope of being adopted so that they don't get a dose of death or would you rather me just outright lie and say I hit the powerball and have 100 million in the bank and will provide professional cooks and trainers to monitor the dog at every waking moment.

I'm a dog lover, but some of these wackjobs need drug into the street and shot.  They just don't get it and take themselves way too fucking serious.

I know this post I am responding to is old, but I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. It really depends on the type if shelter you are dealing with. It sounds like you were dealing with smaller, privately run shelters. These type of places definitely are more stringent with the adoption process and are more fanatical about finding the perfect home. It's usually more expensive to adopt through these type of shelters. They are no-kill shelters so they hold onto the animals until they are adopted. No doubt that's part of the reason why it costs so much to adopt through them. It's also why they feel like they can be more fanatical with their adoption process because they will just keep the animal until they find the right home. You might want to find one that is run by your county like your local SPCA. At least where I live it's extremely easy to adopt through them.  I adopted a cat through my SPCA. All I had to do was sign a paper and give them $20. I believe the fee for dogs was $30. I think I also needed to show them my license, but that's it. These are the type of shelters that will euthanize the animals if they aren't adopted out in a week or so, so you'd also be saving a life as well by going through them.

Board footer