You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: The Rant Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

I got my wisdom teeth removed at 35.  There were some difficulties, but everything went as smooth as something like that can go (other than the one wisdom tooth they broke and had to dig out at the dentist office). 

I speak from experience in saying if you're older, have an oral surgeon do it.  When my dentist broke the tooth, he literally cut the gum open to dig under whatever was left and pry it out.  A surgeon would have had far less risk of complications.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Speaking of insurance, my crappy insurance doesn't cover any oral surgeons in my immediate area. To make matters worse my dentist told me I need to see an oral surgeon ASAP. She told me to make it sound like an emergency and they'd have to take me right away, but so far none of them seem to care and I can't get any appointment any time soon. I can get one for May 4, but I don't know if it is a good idea to wait that long. I'm afraid the infection will get  worse since I am no longer on antibiotics. I don't want to have to pay out of pocket to find an oral surgeon in my area that can take me right away. I don't have that kind of cash.

Is your infection noticably bad?  If not, I think you'd be ok. I recv'd anti-botdies & hardly ever took them. I still have some, if you live in the US I could try shipping them 16 Other than that, try using Listerine & rub some crushed aspirin down there.

I agree with buzz, fortunately i got to use an oral surgeon too, it went very smoothly.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you should move to canada....if its badly infected the removal is free

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I remember snorting coke at a friends house and it was cut with too much novocaine, it was weird shit, my whole head was numb.
It felt like I would need all of the couch to myself, just for resting my massive swollen head on.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Is your infection noticably bad?  If not, I think you'd be ok. I recv'd anti-botdies & hardly ever took them. I still have some, if you live in the US I could try shipping them 16 Other than that, try using Listerine & rub some crushed aspirin down there.

I agree with buzz, fortunately i got to use an oral surgeon too, it went very smoothly.

It is infected to the point where I can only open my jaw partially. I'm not in pain except it hurts slightly when I yawn. It's hard to see in there since it I can only open partially, but it looks like the gum around the wisdom tooth is swollen.

I do have about 5 days of penicillin left from when I went to the hospital so I guess I can use that if it starts to worsen.

I'm just really freaked out and depressed over the whole thing.

AtariLegend wrote:

I got a foot operation yesterday, the doctor stuck an antiseptic needle the size of a small knife six times in my foot along with a few twist and turns. Ouch tongue.

After reading a few posts above, you guys should have voted Hillary...  "Universal Heath Insurance".

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Stop torturting me with your needle stories 16

What's the matter with my damn body?

Last week my total weight loss was at 66 pounds and today I weighed myself for the first time in a week...

Another friggin' 10 pounds lost.

The weight is just raining off me. What's even more weird is that I'm in here complaining about it.

Hell, it's not even weird. It's downright stupid.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Whats your goals?

Olorin wrote:

Whats your goals?

To get down to about 198 pounds.

I'm at 227 now and I'm 6'3 feet tall.

I guess that what I'm worried about is if it's going too quickly?

On the other hand, I couldn't be happier.

Board footer