You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

Sky Dog wrote:

Maybe D ought to work in the music biz.........such a novel thought....cause everyone in the world wants a Gnr reunion...:peace: ...except the ONLY guy with the power to make it happen. I heard the Talking Heads are getting back together....:smile:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

i dunno i recon promoters down here would take the plunge...it's a gamble sure...i think last time we talked about this we worked out the 06-07 tour had an 80% played and 20% cancelled rate? But then the aussie tour sold out and went off....I think there's people around who will take the plunge.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I just noticed the Talking Metal guys are followers of Bumblefoot on twitter so I checked their page out and they have this comment on there.  Rehearsals start back up again in 3 weeks???  I wish a tour would start in 3 weeks, but that seems pretty unlikely now doesn't it?

http://twitter.com/talkingmetal

Just ran into Mr. F. Ferrer in Maplewood. Home in NJ for a 3 week break. Playing with Pisser in NYC on 5/22. Strigl
6:11 AM May 5th from txt

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I think Axl "stealth" Rose more or less completely avoiding the release of Chinese Democracy could have made promoters more hesitant to work with GN'R, especially as he has such a notorious historical reputation for reliability anyway. I bet any promoter considering working with GN'R are terrified of cancellations, riots and lots and lots of bad publicity.
But he has reputable management now, I'm sure they wouldnt have had much trouble arranging tours. South America has got to be a certainty, I was suprised they never played a few countries in 2007, but a tour there would no doubt be succesful and promoters must have been lining up.

Out of curiosity, how many shows in European countries were at festivals only and didnt have a arena show?

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

Wouldn't having Azoff in the corner of Axl be a huge selling tool to promoters?   After hearing his credentials it sounds like he was very respected.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I think Axl "stealth" Rose more or less completely avoiding the release of Chinese Democracy could have made promoters more hesitant to work with GN'R, especially as he has such a notorious historical reputation for reliability anyway. I bet any promoter considering working with GN'R are terrified of cancellations, riots and lots and lots of bad publicity.
But he has reputable management now, I'm sure they wouldnt have had much trouble arranging tours. South America has got to be a certainty, I was suprised they never played a few countries in 2007, but a tour there would no doubt be succesful and promoters must have been lining up.

Out of curiosity, how many shows in European countries were at festivals only and didnt have a arena show?

I could see promoters in the US being hesitant to take on a GNR tour.  They had a call in portion to a concert promoter here on a radio station back in 2006 and he admitted he was hesitant to bring GNR to CT for fear they wouldn't follow through.  I think he eventually softened and claimed that they'd be willing to take a chance, though they didn't in the end as there were no dates in CT that tour.

But they haven't had as many problems overseas and they get huge crowds.  I think there'd be less hesitancy there.  I know Tommy got hurt and they had to cancel a few shows in 2006, but I think most of those were played at a later date.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Once again from http://www.chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/
Although this would be fall and not summer which gets closer to being ruled out altogether which each passing day.

Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses will play in Israel, most likely on October 2, 2009, as part of the Chinese Democracy World Tour.

Chinese Democracy was one of the most successful albums in recent years, putting the names Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses back on the World Map.

The first and only time Guns N 'Roses played Israel was in July 1993 at the Park Hayarkon in Tel Aviv. That show has been considered since, one of the worst in the band's history.

It seems that it's time for Axl Rose and his new band to be given a chance to correct the impression that the old band gave the Israeli audience. (Mako)

Sorry for the awful translation. If anyone can do better, please let me know.
-Mack

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That really reminds me of the Dubai rumor a few years back. Very random date and out of place.

Tour or no tour, the band needs to update the fans on what's going on.

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That really reminds me of the Dubai rumor a few years back. Very random date and out of place.

Tour or no tour, the band needs to update the fans on what's going on.

Come on James, this is GNR we're talking about.  Updates???

Board footer