You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Please Play TWAT more when a tour happens

buzzsaw wrote:

It's not me mad, it's the general public.  That's what you guys keep missing.  Everybody knows I don't like it, but some people are clinging to this theory that the music is good.  It isn't.  That doesn't mean you can't like it or other people can't like it, but the masses (right or wrong) don't like it, thus making it not good. 

So you can keep making this about me all you want.  All I'm doing is representing Joe Public.  We don't like it.  It's not what we want to hear Guns N' Roses sound like.  Take that for what it's worth.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

my playlist now consists of 3 songs from it, whereas the older stuff has, well, more.
Ive gone off a lot of it, the shiny new cd effect has worn off, it just doesnt have any longevity in the end, for me

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Buzz Limbaugh strikes again.

So every album that hasn't ever sold well sucks. Nice to see where you're coming from. Because we all know album sales establishes what music is good and what music is bad.

Everyone isn't saying the album sucks. Just you and your other bitter, disgruntled folks. The reviews were very positive.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Buzz Limbaugh strikes again.

So every album that hasn't ever sold well sucks. Nice to see where you're coming from. Because we all know album sales establishes what music is good and what music is bad.

Everyone isn't saying the album sucks. Just you and your other bitter, disgruntled folks. The reviews were very positive.

Is that what I said?  No.  But again, you want to make this about me since you can't argue with the lack of success for the album or the singles.  You can like anything you want.  That doesn't make it good, that makes it something you like.  Good music that gets out to the public sells.  Bad music that gets out to the public doesn't.  You may think something that sells sucks, but the general opinion is that it's good.  You may think something that doesn't sell is great, but the general opinion is that it isn't good.

In YOUR opinion, CD is great.  The public has spoken loudly and clearly and said it sucks.  You can argue with me all you want, that is the reality of the situation.  People heard it.  They didn't like it.  The public says it isn't good.  Don't tell me about it - you're not going to change my mind.  Go tell the public in general that they are nuts and that CD is a great album.  Get ready to be lauged at. 5

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

But again, you want to make this about me since you can't argue with the lack of success for the album or the singles.

Let's pretend it is all about you for a second, aren't your opinions representative of what everyone else thinks?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

In YOUR opinion, CD is great.  The public has spoken loudly and clearly and said it sucks.  You can argue with me all you want, that is the reality of the situation.  People heard it.  They didn't like it.  The public says it isn't good.  Don't tell me about it - you're not going to change my mind.  Go tell the public in general that they are nuts and that CD is a great album.  Get ready to be lauged at. 5

I bet they wont get as much of a laugh out of it than you gave me smile

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

So David Gimour's solo career is just a flop?

I think his entire career is a flop.  I don't care for anything he did, but it's impossible to argue that his solo career wasn't a flop compared to his group efforts.  Impossible.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Again, you can't win the argument, so you pull something out of left field.  Good luck arguing that Gilmour's solo career was more successful than Floyd.  Really, good luck with that.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

But again, you want to make this about me since you can't argue with the lack of success for the album or the singles.

Let's pretend it is all about you for a second, aren't your opinions representative of what everyone else thinks?

That's not what I said.  I've never said that.  If they were, nobody would like Pink Floyd, Kiss, Nickleback, Oasis, and a gazillion other bands/artists out there.

In the case of Guns N' Roses (which is what this site is for btw), the general public agrees with me.  I said that before, I'll say it again, and all the facts back me up on it.  All you have is "I think it's great" comments from a few individuals.  I'll take my chances with my side.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

are Velvet Revolver a failure compared to Slash's GnR when Slash was there?

how about Contraband vs CD? or even Libertad vs CD?

AtariLegend wrote:

^^^ You're using an extreme argument, of a band who sold over 350-400 million albums... The combined sales total of "Guns N' Roses" & "Metallica" & "Nirvana" is a flop compared to Floyd.

That's just a bit silly.

Board footer