You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Please Play TWAT more when a tour happens

mickronson wrote:
Neemo wrote:

are Velvet Revolver a failure compared to Slash's GnR when Slash was there?

how about Contraband vs CD? or even Libertad vs CD?

Slash isnt callin it GNR.  The only reason the singles and the album got any airplay is from anticipation from the name GNR

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Absolutely.  But I still like them.  I'm just not going to sit here and try to convince anybody that they are successful because I like them.

They all failed relatively speaking.  Doesn't mean any one person can't like it, it just means you can't go to an impartial crowded place and say that they are the 3 greatest albums ever without getting laughed at.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It was actually because of the words...

"I think his entire career is a flop.  I don't care for anything he did"

... I cant take any opinion of yours on this topic seriously.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

^^^ You're using an extreme argument, of a band who sold over 350-400 million albums... The combined sales totals of "Guns N' Roses" & "Metallica" & "Nirvana" are flops to compared to Floyd.

That's just be a bit silly.

I'll take your word for the numbers - I don't care.  I like GnR, some Metallica, and some Nirvana and can't stand Floyd.  I'm ok with not agreeing with the general public on it.  I'm not trying to convince anybody that any of those bands are better than Floyd.  It's irrelevant.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

It was actually because of the words...

"I think his entire career is a flop.  I don't care for anything he did"

... I cant take any opinion of yours on this topic seriously.

That's your loss.  What I think is what I think - it's called an opinion.  Guess what?  I'm not the only one that can't stand Pink Floyd.  Not sure if you're aware of that or not.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Yes but most people can recognise achievment, even if they are not really interested. Not Buzzsaw, if you dont like it, then it fucking sucks.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Yes but most people can recognise achievment, even if they are not really interested. Not Buzzsaw, if you dont like it, then you think it fucking sucks.

FTFU so now it's right.  I don't care what he did.  Good for whatever he did.  That doesn't change the fact that I think his career was a flop.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Whats that mean?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Whats that mean?

FTFU = fixed that for you

I edited the rest of it for clarification purposes.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
mickronson wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Slash isnt callin it GNR.  The only reason the singles and the album got any airplay is from anticipation from the name GNR

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Absolutely.  But I still like them.  I'm just not going to sit here and try to convince anybody that they are successful because I like them.

just to clear the air i'm with you guys on this one smile i see none of the others are willing to play though

yeah VR cashed on GNR's name...but hten what did Axl try to acheive?

and yeah i like the VR album too...it doesnt stop anyone on this board from calling both album peices of shit too, like thier opinion is holier than though...

in anycase CD was a failure commerically, geffen didnt front huge numbers and let the band meander along for a decade becuase they were expecting them to outsell 80-90% of bands today...they fronted that much $$$ cuz CD was supposed to be a cash cow...the one and only reason...it didnt do that so all parties cut their losses and moved on

Board footer