You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Please Play TWAT more when a tour happens

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Don't know who Vito Bratta is

Trust me, you know him its just been so long since you heard of him. He was the guitarist for White Lion on their first few records. Considered mega talented, and some even said he was the next Eddie Van Halen. For reasons never explained, he bailed and has only popped up in public a handful of times since his disappearance. White Lion reunited a few years ago, but Bratta wanted NO part of it at all. He's actually an enigma in the same vein as Axl and Justine Frischmann, but so much time has transpired people forgot about him and the generations since don't know or care about him.

I actually compare him more to Justine than Axl simply because his legacy isn't standing the test of time due to the lengthy disappearance from the public stage.

Axl could fart and make front page news. Tramp could fart and even his own mother wouldn't care. Also, Bratta was the main songwriter to those White Lion tracks. Someone give me a call when Tramp writes Estranged, NR, etc.

compare him to ANY of the other knock off cock rockers from the 80's is silly and down right ignorant

Ignorant a bit harsh, and I think axlin08 was trying to make a point of the new album not being relevant, but just picked the wrong group of people for comparison purposes.

GNR could NEVER be lumped in with bands like Poison, White Lion, Faster Pussycat. Why? Because GNR destroyed them all immediately after hitting the music scene. They all looked like pansies the moment Jungle hit radio/MTV.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well actually what I was getting at was comparing the band dynamic between frontmen, and how alot of those 80's bands ended up in the same boat with their frontmen.

But everyone jumped on me comparing Axl Rose to those guys in terms of success, because I used the word 'has been'. So I just let everyone go on their rants and have their say for the sake of discussion, and not really clarifying.

Last week has been interesting again. For a couple weeks there, this place was kind of dead.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well actually what I was getting at was comparing the band dynamic between frontmen, and how alot of those 80's bands ended up in the same boat with their frontmen.

But everyone jumped on me comparing Axl Rose to those guys in terms of success, because I used the word 'has been'. So I just let everyone go on their rants and have their say for the sake of discussion, and not really clarifying.

Last week has been interesting again. For a couple weeks there, this place was kind of dead.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you HAVE pretty much compared Axl and "this" GNR to those cheesy 80's bands in the past.  I seem to remember you saying GNR would be playing Rocklahoma with them sometime soon.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes, I did, and I still do believe that's new Guns future in the states. I don't know why so many people think it's not the case. Poison is a FAR more successful touring band in the current, and they headline the festival, or have done so before.

Guns is a lot closer to Poison these days, than say a Bon Jovi.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Troll.  tongue

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Birds of a feather stick together wink

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl rulza 1111 feva CD geatest album evah bitches!

Happy now?

This is funny.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nah, your original post was better. The non edited version. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote: