You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

Sky Dog wrote:

nothing is a FACT when discussing art....some people in this community need to realize that.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's not art dude, it's musical tones. But go ahead, all people who think Ron does a better Nightrain than Bucket, step right up.

Sky Dog wrote:

I like Bucket and I prefer him over all new Gnr guitarists, hands down...But, it IS art...some people hate the way Dylan sings....to me, I love it...the quirky nuances, the delivery, the word play. So, your opinion on what tone and colors you like is really just your opinion.... it is and always will be a subjective thing. tongue

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I usually agree and morally you're right and all of that...

But in this case...judging from 2006...come on. tongue

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

And I think bumble is a lot better on guitar than people realise. One day he'll release somethic epic and you'll see what I mean. The skills are there. He's just under utalized at the moment.

If his solo work is any indication, be prepared to be very very disappointed.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

And I think bumble is a lot better on guitar than people realise. One day he'll release somethic epic and you'll see what I mean. The skills are there. He's just under utalized at the moment.

hahah...while I liked a couple of tracks from his solo stuff...i'll agree its not  generally the kind of thing I listen too much. But that's just the style of it... mark my words dude...it hasn't happened yet....but it will one day happen....there arn't a lot of people around with the kinds of skills he has...it just needs to be channled. He is one of those guys that can play almost anything and in a lot of styles, he's got a lot of technical skill, and so when he doesnt do something I like, it's not that he can't play it - it's that he's choosing to do something else. Which to me means sooner or latter he will choose the kinds of things I like in a solo and it will kick ass....i'm sure of it. I'm looking into my crystal ball and seeing that with my magic monkeychow powers. 14 18 5

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ron is an ultimate nice guy and is PR dream for GNR.  Why Axl isn't taking advantage of Ron's friendly attitude with the fans and media is beyond me.  But I do agree that fans are overestimating his talents.  Doesn't make him awful but he is overrated.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's not art dude, it's musical tones. But go ahead, all people who think Ron does a better Nightrain than Bucket, step right up.

It's all prefrence. I enjoy slash's nighttrain the most. It doesn't have the pirotechnics of bucket or bumble, but the melody is there and builds in a way that tells a musical story to my brain.

That said...I adore bucket's shred styles in some of his solo work, and as stated above I think bumble is underrated as a guitarist.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Ron is an ultimate nice guy and is PR dream for GNR.  Why Axl isn't taking advantage of Ron's friendly attitude with the fans and media is beyond me.  But I do agree that fans are overestimating his talents.  Doesn't make him awful but he is overrated.

In other words, like has been stated, he's - Gilby Clarke 2.0

Gilby was a big fan favorite as far as personality, and personable towards the fans, but he could hold Izzy's guitar strap. And I think Ron is in the same boat with Bucket.

But as "The Monk" has proclaimed, we shall be proven wrong. I hope so... only GN'R and my ears can benefit. 22

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
DCK wrote:

slash is the master of the nighttrain since its his tongue

anyway are we really going to slip back into a bucket vs bumble argument? roll

Board footer