You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Please Play TWAT more when a tour happens

faldor wrote:

I'm not sure what you're basing how Poison does better than GNR on the road (Also what does BO stand for besides Body Odor, cuz that certainly doesn't seem to fit). 

While I'll admit that Bret Michaels has gotten a second wind and is more popular now than he has been since 1990, and GNR are probably as unpopular as they have been they still outrank Poison.  The only thing Poison has over GNR is they may be a "safer" band to back on a tour from a business standpoint.  But I'm pretty sure Poison couldn't sell out MSG or some of the other arenas that GNR did during their last go 'round.  You'd probably have more of an argument comparing GNR to Def Leppard, since Poison is pretty much opening for them this summer.  Unless you truly think GNR would open for Def Leppard as well.

I don't have any figures to back it up but I can't imagine Poison alone would pull in attendance #'s as good as GNR.  Poison has had successful tours in the past touring with other 80's bands that have a following of their own, same with Def Leppard.  But even those, in my opinion, wouldn't equal what GNR has done/could do (and I'm talking THIS GNR).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

BO = Box Office

And I do seem to remember in 2006, that GN'R were lower than Poison for profits that year touring. Like you I don't have the numbers in front of me. Granted in 2006, it was a joint tour with Cinderella.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Iron Maiden fans are the smelliest I've experienced. The show was great but the smell of stale sweat and farts was almost too much to bare.

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

i agree. TWAT should be played more on the next tour. why? i saw them perform it live in hammerstein ballroom. they tore it up, baby. robin ripped up the floor boards on the solo. robin was so good. even though, this time robin won't be around..the song should still be played more on stage since it's axl's new paradise city . . .

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Robin being gone instantly makes TWAT better.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know, he stops cockblocking it. 19

robin67
 Rep: 7 

robin67 wrote:

i disagree. robin made TWAT cook live. i don't think DJ can keep it boiling on the burner

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not robin's greatest fan but I had no issue with his playing in TWAT...in fact it thought he did some cool stuff...but I think we should give DJ a chance to rock it....

The greatest thing in There Was a Time to me isn't Buckethead's solo but rather Robin's contributions.

Especially the first solo with the acoustic guitar strumming along with it.

An even better example than the album version is this live performance:

I love Robin and I always have. The intensity that he brought to GN'R while performing is something that I will truly miss.

Oh, and feel free to mock my opinion if needed since I know that he isn't the most favorable "character" among members... Agree or disagree. It is what it is.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer