You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

Axlin16 wrote:
war wrote:

my theory wouldn't change the number of posts but the content. and if "we all knew that" there wouldn't be so many arguments. the gnr fan base is one of the most divided groups of people i have ever come across and in every debate there is plenty of praise that get's left behind in place of putting down the opposite team's horse. i enjoy a friendly debate as much as you or anyone else but there's a lot of qualities in the gnr tree that many have to split the tree in half in order to see clearly.

Well alot of that can be contributed to the fact there are downright factions among GN'R fans, multiple ones.

I guess that happens when you have 75 different versions of a band, and everyone of them has their own following, feeling they are the superior version, ranging from albums to songs to memorable performances to the little performance they just happened to show up to, etc.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but does a summer tour still look likely? It's getting to be summer.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i dunno about the timeline for summer, but I'm pretty confident that a tour is in the works from all the stuff about rehersals and all that, and the appointment of DJ, and that audio guy's video. Seems like they're warming up for something...but i'd say it's looking more like fall or early winter at this stage just from the lack of announments....like stuff like this is normally announced what? Like 3 months prior or something ish?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i dunno about the timeline for summer, but I'm pretty confident that a tour is in the works from all the stuff about rehersals and all that, and the appointment of DJ, and that audio guy's video. Seems like they're warming up for something...but i'd say it's looking more like fall or early winter at this stage just from the lack of announments....like stuff like this is normally announced what? Like 3 months prior or something ish?

I just read today that Blink 182, Weezer, and Fall Out Boy are going out on tour starting in late July.  So that's about 2 months notice.

Summer is still technically possible I guess, but I certainly wouldn't deem it likely.

Sky Dog wrote:

if anyone cares to read back I said the same thing about Tool....announcing on a 2 month timeframe. What is Weezer doing with those two shite bands?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
war wrote:

my theory wouldn't change the number of posts but the content. and if "we all knew that" there wouldn't be so many arguments. the gnr fan base is one of the most divided groups of people i have ever come across and in every debate there is plenty of praise that get's left behind in place of putting down the opposite team's horse. i enjoy a friendly debate as much as you or anyone else but there's a lot of qualities in the gnr tree that many have to split the tree in half in order to see clearly.

Well alot of that can be contributed to the fact there are downright factions among GN'R fans, multiple ones.

I guess that happens when you have 75 different versions of a band, and everyone of them has their own following, feeling they are the superior version, ranging from albums to songs to memorable performances to the little performance they just happened to show up to, etc.

absolutely

there wouldnt covers and renditions to compare if that weren't true.

it would be slash vs slash
and
original gnr vs original gnr

etc.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
madagas wrote:

if anyone cares to read back I said the same thing about Tool....announcing on a 2 month timeframe. What is Weezer doing with those two shite bands?

Tool went on a stadium tour?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Freaky. Could mean anything though.

Axlin16