You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Axl S wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Faith No More- Midlife Crisis

Really starting to get into this band. Patton's voice reminds me soooo much of my band's singer

Then you're band has one hell of a singer!

Metalica- Dyers Eve

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

I listened through The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here and The Wall during the last couple of days and...

Oh. My. God.

That's pretty much as close you can come to an orgasm without doing zilch.

Simply amazing.

I can't believe that I HAVEN'T listened to more than a few Pink Floyd songs before this and it's going to be pure pleasure to dig into their discography from the start.

Dark Side of the Moon is an absolutely flawless record. It always comes in at number two on my greatest albums ever lists(behind AFD), but actually deserves the number one spot since AFD does have a weak link(You're Crazy).

The Wall has some brilliant tracks, but like UYI its bogged down by unnecessary filler. I realize its all needed as its a concept album, but it definitely causes the quality to suffer.

I could also rank Fleetwood Mac's Rumours ahead of AFD, but the GNR fanboy in me wont allow it. 16

Michelle Branch- It's You

AtariLegend wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:

I listened through The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here and The Wall during the last couple of days and...

Oh. My. God.

That's pretty much as close you can come to an orgasm without doing zilch.

Simply amazing.

I can't believe that I HAVEN'T listened to more than a few Pink Floyd songs before this and it's going to be pure pleasure to dig into their discography from the start.

Check out "Animals" next.

...And check out "Meddle" for the closer "Echoes".

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Faith No More- Be Aggresive

AtariLegend wrote:

Check out "Animals" next.

I will. Trust me.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Check out "Meddle" as well, it has One Of These Days and Echoes. A must for any Floyd collection!

I'm not a fan of their early weird hippy psychedelic stuff though, but the Dave Gilmour era I love.

I'm going to buy the Shine On boxset in the near future so I can enjoy everything from the beginning to the end.

I'm still surprised that I have not listened to this band before this. They're the perfect example of music that I absolutely love.

Jeez... I haven't been this excited since I started getting into GN'R.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

You should get "Is Anybody Out There" as well, its a remastered version of The Wall live. Absolutely fanbloodytastic.

AtariLegend wrote:

Portishead - Numb

Axl S

Axl S wrote:

Eminem- Beautiful

Board footer