You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Chinese Democracy Trilogy?

DCK wrote:

I don't get people who don't wanna hear new music, either because it's this new band or that the album was a failure in their eyes etc etc. I truly do not understand such thought-pattern. What is there to gain from it? If everyone thought like that there would be NO music at all. Is that what u want? A world without music?

I take ANY GNR release ANY day and listen to it, THEN put judgement on it. I welcome ANY try, ANY day in ANY form for me to listen to and give my verdict on.

Anything else would be some kind of self-punishment for something I enjoy or I simply do not enjoy this type of music and should go elsewhere where I WELCOME music and not turn my back on it.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

I'm not depressed about this or taking it too seriously or missing Slash.

I just don't like the mood or tone the band is increasingly taking, towards melancholy themselves.

The burn out vs. fade away thing.

And I don't think Axl has anything left in him that isn't deriative of some of his earlier work.

Not trying to offend, not trying to bait, just have a different viewpoint, and I can respect where others are coming from, and actually hold positions that I used to, or may possibly hold in the future. smile

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I also haven't come across a single person other than myself that owns the album.

Me neither.

Axlin08 wrote:

I also haven't come across a single person other than myself that owns the album.

I haven't come across a single person aside from a former friend of mine that owns any GN'R records at all.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

personally, i worry that cd was the best of all the songs. it clearly was a melting pot of songs. if they had 14 more songs of this quality they could have paired them up better to give the album more flow and a common sound. i'm sure they're are a few gems left but, like James said, I don't expect the second coming of Jesus, just axl.

the only other possibility i see is that cd was the monkey that axl got off of his back and he has already moved on to album 2 which will be a more cohesive, less dated, and more relevant album.

that would explain the lack of promo/touring behind cd 1.

Gong

Gong wrote:
war wrote:

personally, i worry that cd was the best of all the songs. it clearly was a melting pot of songs. if they had 14 more songs of this quality they could have paired them up better to give the album more flow and a common sound. i'm sure they're are a few gems left but, like James said, I don't expect the second coming of Jesus, just axl.

the only other possibility i see is that cd was the monkey that he got off of his back and axl has already moved on to album 2 which will be a more cohesive, less dated, and more relevant album.

It's safe to say the leaks had a great deal of influence on the tracklist.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
war wrote:

the only other possibility i see is that cd was the monkey that he got off of his back and axl has already moved on to album 2 which will be a more cohesive, less dated, and more relevant album.

they wouldn't have leaked if they were not on the launch pad IMO
but i could be wrong

Gong

Gong wrote:
war wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
war wrote:

they wouldn't have leaked if they were not on the launch pad

I don't disagree.

However, I'm pretty sure that there were a few last minute changes to the tracklist (Catcher in the Rye swapped in at the 11th hour ...) and this was definitely influenced by what had / had not leaked.

My guess is that CD II will be pretty similar to CD I.

Sky Dog wrote:

It's not really a guess when the artist says it was recorded by the same guys and "if you don't like this one, you probably won't like that one".

Gong

Gong wrote:

Exactly.

Board footer