You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sony's conference at E3 just ended and unfortunately it suffered from the same problem as Nintendo's...

Too much damn talking and explaining about casual gaming and motion controls.

But the good bits where GOOD. I promise.

These were the interesting titles that were shown/announced:

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIV
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
The Last Guardian (Project Trico)
Gran Turismo PSP
Gran Turismo 5
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Agent
God of War 3
Assassin's Creed 2
ModNation Racers

AtariLegend wrote:

Do you have a link to the "Final Fantasy VII" news?

I have been playing the original for the past few weeks and I'm really interested in this remake.

AtariLegend wrote:

I have been playing the original for the past few weeks and I'm really interested in this remake.

It's not a remake. The original game will be released on PSN.

And Final Fantasy XIV will be an MMORPG exclusively on the PS3 and it will be released next spring.

Probably before Final Fantasy XIII...

AtariLegend wrote:
Handsome B. Wonderful wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It's not a remake. The original game will be released on PSN.

A pity, that infamous "what it would look like trailer on PS3" (Just before the PS3 Launch) sounded pretty cool.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The motion control for PS3 looked like it wasn't supposed to be out there. Microsoft showed of tech demos for their camera thing but theirs looked polished. When Nintendo unveiled motion plus last year it looked polished. Sony's looked VERY ROUGH. It seems to that after they saw yesterday's Microsoft Conference they rushed this into their presentation. The two guys doing it looked very unprepared for it as well.

Although announcing Final Fantasy XIV right after talking about FFXIII was badass. As was Metal Gear Solid: Peace Maker and Uncharted 2. Surprised about the lack of PS3 Slim announcement.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Did they happen to say anything about a price cut?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

Did they happen to say anything about a price cut?

No PS3 price cut mentioned. PSP Go is gonna be $249.99 in US and 249.99 Euros in Europe.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nintendo is pathetic. Other than Resident Evil and maybe Mario Brothers or Zelda, its all Sesame Street shit. Will never understand why they continually market their consoles to non hardcore gamers.

One of these days they're gonna get knocked out of the console business and will be like Sega and just develop games. You can only fuck over gamers so many times before they smell the coffee.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think I play NFL Blitz 2000 on the NS64 more than any other game these days. Games were more fun before they were good, I think.

Board footer