You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

Olorin wrote:

Mabye its time to edit the title of this thread, its looking more and more implausible as the weeks go past, at least for summer at any rate.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He's just screwing with you.

Smite for me... 16

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Fortus' Facebook update from 4 hours ago:

I WANT OUT !!!!!

FAKE.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Mabye its time to edit the title of this thread, its looking more and more implausible as the weeks go past, at least for summer at any rate.

Done smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Do you think there is any possiblity the Chinese Democracy Tour in 2006/2007 was just as it said, that was the tour for this album?
Theres rumours of shows in Israel and South America this year, and also there was that South Africa show that was cancelled in 2006/2007 - mabye they will get a show this time around.

Richard said the focus wasnt on touring North America and he hadnt heard any talk of shows there, plus there aint no rumours of European shows.
What if the band tours countries they never played in 2006 and 2007 and Europe and North America dont get tours until 2010, perhaps to coincide with the follow up album.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He's just screwing with you.

14 I always fall for it too

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

What if the band tours countries they never played in 2006 and 2007 and Europe and North America dont get tours until 2010, perhaps to coincide with the follow up album.

Thaty sounds entirely possible to me. Although I think a tour may happen seperately from a new album. I do believe we'll eventually get another album, but I would guess that's a whole different thing.

I think Axl's just doing stuff when he feels like it these days and not following any kind of established formula or expectations.

At some point he'll be in the mood to play some shows and it will happen. Who knows where. I wouldn't be surprised if the band did play gigs in places they haven't been in a long time, or if they play another european festival based tour, with a couple of gigs in the usa for hardcores,  much like the 06 tour.

TBH, I'd love to see them come back to Australia, but in the meantime I'm happy to see them playing anywhere, I'd love some pro-shot footage.

But it's impossible to predict when things will happen. It could be this year, or it could be in three years time. But Axl is a performer, and at some point I'd expect he'll get the bug to get back out there and do his thing smile

AtariLegend wrote:

Not sure, if this was already posted:

The Van Halen tour was such a success. Were you pleasantly surprised?

You never know. But I do know this. Janie and I are getting married on the 27th of June, and then we'll go on a honeymoon. Then Dave, Wolfie, Alex and I are going into the studio and record some new music and go on tour about a year from now.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ … _van_halen

Ruling out the rumoured VH/Gn'R tour.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Not sure, if this was already posted:

The Van Halen tour was such a success. Were you pleasantly surprised?

You never know. But I do know this. Janie and I are getting married on the 27th of June, and then we'll go on a honeymoon. Then Dave, Wolfie, Alex and I are going into the studio and record some new music and go on tour about a year from now.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/ … _van_halen

Ruling out the rumoured VH/Gn'R tour.

Maybe when the dust settles there'll be a major tour with GNR, VH, VR, and Chickenfoot.  Surely there wouldn't be any problems behind the scenes there.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There'd actually be more drama with VH & Chickenfoot, then there would ever be with VR & GN'R.

Board footer