You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

tejastech08 wrote:

Just watched "Doubt."

Great acting but the story isn't all that great and it takes awhile before the conflict explodes. I'd give it an 8/10 because the 4 main actors in the film all did a great job.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

All I can assume, as one who didn't read the book, is that The Da Vinci Code movie is one of those things that sounded and read great on paper, especially with Hanks as lead and Howard directing, and didn't turn

The problem was the book gets right smack into it. The body's found, they call the girl, she call him. They escape the museum, & the chase is on. Twist & turns every 3 pages.

But Hollywood doesn't work that way. A hollywood movie needs to be 20% intro, 60% base, 205 wrap up. Plus, they added in crappy last second near car accidents, almost caughts, narrow escapes that took away from the twisting storylines.  Should have been more of a scene by scene adaptation of the book. Not taken any liberties.

Just mho at least.

I haven't watched the movie but I have read around half of the book and I always had a mental picture of Robert Langdon being a huge nerd. Tom Hanks doesn't really fit the mental picture I had of the character. And that long hair, what the fuck?!!!! 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i always thought II was the worst of the bunch

prolly V-IV-III-IV-I-II

but nothing i mean nothing can compete with the llightsabre duels of the new films. especially Maul vs Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Anakin .. perfection 11

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

prolly V-IV-III-IV-I-II

but nothing i mean nothing can compete with the llightsabre duels of the new films. especially Maul vs Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs Anakin .. perfection 11

You listed IV twice. 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Pride " formulatic but yet very good movie about the Philadelphia Department recreation swim team.

Rockstar: Love this soundtrack, does anyone have it and could PM???? STAND UP AND SHOUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Just watched "Doubt."

Great acting but the story isn't all that great and it takes awhile before the conflict explodes. I'd give it an 8/10 because the 4 main actors in the film all did a great job.

The story is kinda slow but I've always wondered why he never fought the charges more vigourosly since the evidence she had on him was kinda skimpy.  I also liked the racial component of the storyline.  It's closer to a 6 or a 7 in my book.

Last movie seen:  Reservoir Dogs

Improves upon every subsequent viewing.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Just watched "Doubt."

The story is kinda slow but I've always wondered why he never fought the charges more vigourosly since the evidence she had on him was kinda skimpy.  I also liked the racial component of the storyline.  It's closer to a 6 or a 7 in my book.

Last movie seen:  Reservoir Dogs

Improves upon every subsequent viewing.

Yeah, the ending was kinda anti-climactic. And yes, the racial component was well-done.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Here's goes to close out...

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back

What can I say? This is a terrific film. Lightyears ahead of IV, this film is the case where the sequel is better (Dawn of the Dead, Aliens, Dark Knight). Empire throws you right into it, and never lets up. The higher budget also helps. Looking back on the previous films, there were always issues to complain about, but this one has none. Is it a cinematic masterpiece? No. Is it a sci-fi masterpiece? Wholeheartedly. The duels are great, Luke is expanded upon nicely, and in a correct manner. Certaintly the darkest film of the franchise, and the most complex, as others have said. I can see where the unresolved ending could've pissed people off back in 1980, but now you get it more. The Yoda introduction is great. It's a really good film. I wasn't crazy about it as a kid, and that might've been because it takes a more serious turn. But now it's the one I respect the most. Solid film, best of the franchise imo.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Everything I remembered it being. Still a very good, and underappreciated film. The second best in the series easily, and personally, I think Jedi walks away from the race, even in comparison to IV. I know many would disagree with me, but this is a solid film too. Now it is on a lesser degree than V, because it does hit some snags V didn't have. The opening to Jedi is great. Intriguing situation, great action, great build up, and great action sequences ensue. However the introduction of the Ewoks, takes that great Empire-esque start, and literally slams the breaks on the film. Now I say this as a defender of the Ewoks. Never understood the shit they get. Do they add much? No. Are they entertaining to watch? Yes. Atmosphere is there in this film, more than any other. It feels like the finale, and it's done well. Once the Ewoks involvement is established, the film picks itself up, dusts off, and speeds up again, and never let's up. Forest chase sequences were great, Luke confronting Vadar and Vadar being forced to decide jedi or dark side was great. The saber battle was epic, and perfect for how it should go, as was the music. The destruction of the new Death Star was an added rush to the whole thing to cap it off. One of the things I enjoyed in the new Jedi ending is that it feels more complete, than it originally did. Showing the peace being restored and the spirits of Yoda, Obi & Anakin is a nice touch. Maybe not my favorite like it once was, but it still holds up for me, and is up there with V.

V
VI
III
IV
I
II

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

prolly V-IV-III-IV-I-II

You listed IV twice. 16

Obviously Neemo thinks it's that damn good 22

Board footer