You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Axl S wrote:

Jurassic Park

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

The one thing I didn't like in the original Star Wars trilogy was the twist where Leia turned out to be Luke's sister. It killed the "last and only hope" image of what Luke was supposed to be. The trilogy would probably have ended with a better climax if Luke was still Darth Vader's only son. And I'm not your typical SW fan that jump on the anti-Lucas bandwagon, the re-releases and the prequels never made me stop being a fan of the franchise.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also noticed that the brother, sister thing was a bit offset in VI.

I agree with you, and i'll actually go a step further with it - Leia was entirely a throwaway character. She meant nothing to the end game for the story. Nothing.  Lucas only gave her purpose at the very last minute, and even still, it was Luke doing all the work with the assistance of Han & Lando.

It some ways, it almost seems like mid-way through the script of Jedi, that Lucas thought about possibly killing off Luke as an unexpected shocker, and still saving the day with Leia, but it never happened. That whole private conversation on the Ewoks planet between Luke & Leia, almost sounded like Luke knew he wasn't coming back, but still had to face Vadar. But he actually did defeat him after all. But to hear Hamill deliver the lines as Luke, it sounded like 'goodbye'.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

"The Hangover" awesome comedy. laughed my ass off

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It really is. Lived up to the hype.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I am looking forward to seeing the Hangover. Probably won't see it in the theater though. Ticket prices are getting out of control.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Star Wars: Episode V- Empire Strikes Back

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Although not a movie but a 1989 6hour mini series, i watched Lonesome Dove this week and i got to say it is the best western ever made bar none, The good the bad and the ugly has well and truly been toppled by this masterpiece. I recommend it to all who have not seen it yet.

Tales from Earthsea.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Major League

Classic. But it's not anything massively great. It's amazing how many films, as a kid you think are great, yet you see as an adult, and you think "this is just okay".

Bob Uecker is the funniest part of the whole movie.

Board footer