You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

There'd actually be more drama with VH & Chickenfoot, then there would ever be with VR & GN'R.

And that is sad.  I wish Michael Anthony was still in VH.  But a GNR VH tour would never work.  Axl and Eddie Van Halen together?  Ain't an arena or stadium big enough to fit those two wacko's egos.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Don't forget Dave's Texas-sized God complex.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Don't forget Dave's Texas-sized God complex.

Yep!  That tour would be over after the opening act played their 1st song.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Eddie wouldn't be 2/3 of the way through Eruption, and he'd go "aww forget it", slam his guitar down and walk off, and VH follow him.

Then Axl would run out there to save the day, and do three songs, and say "thank you, and good night, your money will be refunded", and a riot ensues.

Then we'd get 15 years of Axl and Eddie trading jabs back at each other in the press. Wonderful tour that was. 16

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Eddie wouldn't be 2/3 of the way through Eruption, and he'd go "aww forget it", slam his guitar down and walk off, and VH follow him.

Then Axl would run out there to save the day, and do three songs, and say "thank you, and good night, your money will be refunded", and a riot ensues.

Then we'd get 15 years of Axl and Eddie trading jabs back at each other in the press. Wonderful tour that was. 16

To be honest at this stage that scenario is par for the course. Right now in GN'R world I think we could call that a traditional GNR success:haha:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I was just listening to the Eddie Trunk show on Sirius/XM and a listener called up and asked about the possibility of a VH/GNR summer tour.  Eddie said that rumor obviously came from the internet and it looked good on paper but would've been a disaster.  He said GNR would've had to open and with Axl's propensity to go on late that wouldn't have worked.  He also said there was virtually no chance of GNR touring this summer and at the earliest they'd tour towards the end of the year, but obvoiusly nothing was close to imminent.  And he mentioned that Bumblefoot will be playing some shows this summer with Lita Ford.  Poor Ron just wants to get out there and play it seems.

No big news here obviously, but thought I'd pass it along.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure everyone here knew that tour would have been a disaster. Their best chance would have been opening for U2.

It makes sense that if there is a tour it would happen at the end of the year, early next year. But there's no way it could be considered a tour for this album. Just start over with the next album.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Although Axl has talked about the double album and the posibility of a follow up at some stage, I'd be very surprised if that happened without a tour for this album.

I'm pretty sure the next thing the band does publicly would be a show of some kind to showcase the CD songs. I mean from their point of view - they just spent years working on the album - and it was a long and painful process it seems - can't really see them jumping back into the studio without getting out there and enjoying the fruits of that labour by touring a bit.

Appointing DJ to replace robin also signals a tour is in the works to me, as robin had recorded parts for a new album aleady, and NIN is alegedly winding down soon, so there was no need for an imediate replacement unless he felt like touring eventually.

So i think the next thing that will happen will be a show. But it's obviously not going to be for a while given the recent events, rumours and silence.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Appointing DJ means nothing other than Axl having his roster ready to hit the road when ordered. Seriously.

It could be 2015 before they get out there.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Appointing DJ means nothing other than Axl having his roster ready to hit the road when ordered. Seriously.

It could be 2015 before they get out there.

Yeah but like monkey said, why make the announcement?  What point does that serve?  There had to be plans to tour, that's the only explanation.

Board footer