You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The Possibility of a Guns N' Roses '09 Summer tour

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah starting to look like GNR is going to be next year...or very late this year at the earliest...it's cool that he's said it's all good with GNR though...i wouldn't wanna be wondering if he's doing a robin etc wink

Touring with NIN and touring with Lita Ford is a little different.  But I know what you mean.  People were freaking out.  And this bit of news only came about last night on the Eddie Trunk show.  It doesn't take long to rile up GNR fans I guess.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

From bumble:

This won't interfere with upcoming GNR plans, I'll be flying out and coming right back.

Of course it wont interfere Ron, because GNR aren't doing anything anytime soon.

If that Jackson show wasn't so soon, I would go to it just for the chance to meet him. Don't give two shits about Lita Ford though. Didn't even like her that much in her prime. She has like 2 good songs, one with Ozzy.

At first I thought he was an opener, but it sounds like he's part of her band. Strange days indeed....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Good for Ron.

Good for him that he is the FIRST to actually bother to explain it to the GNR fans and avoid a meltdown of mentally instable persons.

All good...he have my 100% support to go on tour. Go have fun Ron, no one in their right mind is thinking more of it than *just* a tour.

Who cares? GNR ain't doing shit anyway!

DCK

DCK wrote:

just wait 14 years, then the shit will really hit the fan

No no..not at all. Trust me.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
faldor wrote:
DCK wrote:

I don't think he will. He never did with Buckethead and Bucket cluster-fucked his plans. Axl tries not to pretend he did, but he SO did. They even tried getting BH back in 2006..shows u how much they wanted him.

Mark my words, he will NEVER call Robin a cancer...he might speak in some difuse sentences about Robin making it hard for them to work, but he will never ever call Robin a cancer.

Yeah with Axl's comments about how he considers GNR a family, with those who contributed to Chinese Democracy, I don't see him trashing Robin.  Especially if Robin keeps quiet about the whole situation and doesn't give him any reason to trash him.  I know Axl can turn on a dime and I do believe Robin's actions and decisions played a large part in hindering the progress the last year or so.  I guess you can't blame him though.  He waited a long time and a great opportunity came his way and he took it.  Axl hasn't said anything negative about Robin yet, so I don't know why he'd start now.

Axl won't ever shit on any ex-new GNR members. Never has and never will. The reason Axl gives old members shit in interviews is because for the last 15 years or so they've done the same to him in the press with him keeping quiet for most of the time.

NOTE: Please don't interpret this as Axl nutswinging, I'm just saying it's pretty easy to see why Axl has negative things to say about old members and not new members.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Axl won't ever shit on any ex-new GNR members. Never has and never will. The reason Axl gives old members shit in interviews is because for the last 15 years or so they've done the same to him in the press with him keeping quiet for most of the time.

NOTE: Please don't interpret this as Axl nutswinging, I'm just saying it's pretty easy to see why Axl has negative things to say about old members and not new members.

The band has been put in an untenable position by guitarist Buckethead and his untimely departure.

During his tenure with the band, Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment (despite being under contract) creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence. His transient lifestyle has made it impossible for even his closest friends to have nearly any form of communication with him whatsoever.

Last time I talked to Bucket, he called to tell me he had bought a bootleg DVD off EBay and how proud he was to be in Guns and how impressed he was with everyone's performance. Then, in February we got word from Brain that Bucket had called him and said he was back in Guns!?

Apparently, according to Bucket he had been 'gone' but had turned himself around and was really excited to do Rio-Lisbon and a European tour. Somewhere in the following month things changed once again. According to those who have actually spoken with Buckethead, it appears his plans were to secure a recording contract with Sanctuary Records which I encouraged my management to make available to him, quit GN'R and to use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

There is not a member of this camp that is not hurt, upset and ultimately disappointed by this event, and more to the point - if not this individual, certainly this individual's choices. Regardless of anyone's opinions of me and what I may or may not deserve, clearly the fans, individuals in this band, management, crew and our support group do not deserve this type of treatment. We as a whole, definitely feel that we afforded Bucket every accommodation perhaps so much so that it may be that we or more precisely, I may have done Guns a disservice and unintentionally allowed Guns to be put in this position.

On behalf of Guns N' Roses and myself I apologize to the fans who planned to see us at Rock In Rio - Lisbon. The festival and its tradition mean a lot to me personally and I sincerely do not enjoy being robbed by one of our own of the opportunity to be the first artist to play it for the third time. I would also like to express my gratitude to those who chose to embrace Buckethead's role in Guns and support our new line up. We greatly appreciate Bucket's contributions and remain open to 'discussions' as there are obviously several issues to resolve.

In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

...Nice guy!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

use his involvement in the upcoming Guns release to immediately promote his individual efforts...Nice guy!

Always been one of my favorite lines from the whole saga. Bucket never used GNR to promote his solo career, but every person to join the band since has exploited the name in every single possible manner they could think of.

Axl, that's called karma.

In the meantime rather than dwelling on the negative, Guns will be moving forward

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Completely forgot about that. Although it's not blatant trashing like in his recent "interview" with Del.

DCK

DCK wrote:

He's not saying "Buckethead is a cancer I would like to remove". You can tell he's really hurt and wants to tell how he saw it, but he's phrasing himself better than his retarded cancer comment.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer