You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I love riling up gamers.

Just throw my little hand grenade in, and grab some popcorn.

Did you come into this thread just to troll because if so that's pretty pathetic. If not well it appears you've got nothing better to add to your arguement because you were proven wrong.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

What about driving? shooting? flying? throwing grenades? breakign into cars? the list goes on, i still think it would be tough to get it all flowign smoothly...but i admittedly dont know jack shit about programing video games 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I love riling up gamers.

Just throw my little hand grenade in, and grab some popcorn.

Did you come into this thread just to troll because if so that's pretty pathetic. If not well it appears you've got nothing better to add to your arguement because you were proven wrong.

Lets drop the troll accusations of long time forum members. You know he isn't a troll.

No one has been proven wrong. Wii is a console marketed towards children and people interested in that new controller, and their library of games proves this, and so does the fact most hardcore gamers who own this also own a different console.

As far as Wii not having GTA and GTA being a flop on their handhelds, someone who cruises down Sesame Street isn't interested in a drive-by.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As far as Wii not having GTA and GTA being a flop on their handhelds, someone who cruises down Sesame Street isn't interested in a drive-by.

Actually most hardcore gamers own a DS over a PSP. The reason it didn't sell well is because most hardcore gamers also know about flashcarts which allow for the easy pirating of games on that handheld, thus the main market left to buy are the casuals who aren't very tech-savvy and don't know of these carts. That is why it sold poorly. Gamers were very interested in GTA on the DS it's just when they can get it for free why pay. Flashcarts are crippiling the DS Game Market in terms of proper games for the hardcore. The casual stuff and the occasionaly popular hardcore title i.e. Super Mario Bros, Metroid, Pokemon are the only ones that sell very well.

James

James wrote:

Its no surprise that Nintendo owns the handheld market. They were the first of the "big boys" to dive into it after other handhelds(those mini arcade games) took off. They marketed it really well back then, and the initial momentum never died off.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Lets drop the troll accusations of long time forum members. You know he isn't a troll.

My apologies, but when a user says they love "riling up gamers" and states things like "gaming is about killing hookers" it is a slight exhibition of troll-like behaviour.

Axl S

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its no surprise that Nintendo owns the handheld market. They were the first of the "big boys" to dive into it after other handhelds(those mini arcade games) took off. They marketed it really well back then, and the initial momentum never died off.

Well no arguement here but the DS also has the superior catalog of games when compared with the PSP. Although to the PSP's credit it is the first real formidable challenge Nintendo have ever had in the handheld domain.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'll always be a Nintendo fanboy. Marketing to casual gamers was a smart move, for fucks sake even my mum owns a Wii 14 I'm glad the're doing so well in todays market and will look forward to their future consoles.

Now, can anyone tell me why it sounds like a boeing 747 is taking off in my living room everytime I turn on the xbox 360? 16

James

James wrote:

Sounds like your console may soon be experiencing the red ring of death. I dont even play anymore since I'm a complete net junkie, but my 360 used to always be loud as well. Always expected it to crap out while in the middle of a game. It currently sits in my closet, and wont be leaving that location anytime soon. Only video game I play is Civ4. There's actually a version of Civ4 that came out on 360 that I would like to play.

Axl S, I'm pretty sure he's just referring to how gamers online get their panties in a bunch any time something is criticized.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Sounds like your console may soon be experiencing the red ring of death. I dont even play anymore since I'm a complete net junkie, but my 360 used to always be loud as well.

I'd hope not, only had it a year and its been turned on less than a dozen or so times hmm When the DVD player I had packed in I finally found a use for the 360 but find it unbearably loud, think its the fan making all the noise.

Anyone here played Goldeneye Source yet?

I'm tempted to pick up HL2 and get me some of that multiplayer action 9 Would love to make an Evo tourney out of it, maybe even start our own kickass clan lol

Board footer